Talk

Advanced search

universal credit..... are you better off on it or worse?

(6 Posts)
biglips Sat 12-Dec-15 10:23:43

As ee haven't rcvd it yet but would like to start working by next Sept so my youngest will be in fulltime education.

Thanks

KateSpade Sun 13-Dec-15 18:05:28

So much worse off,

So many reasons why,

There only open 9-6 so I have to call at dinner time, & I've now ended up with an extra £30.00 in charges on my phone bill!

Iamnotloobrushphobic Mon 14-Dec-15 10:14:03

I did the calculator on the turn to us website and it said that we would be £18 per week better off on universal credit. We are not eligible to move over to universal credit but I wouldn't want to anyway as I have heard too many stories about problems with processing universal credit and the staff at the DWP not knowing what to do on many occasions.
Aren't the planned cuts that have been scrapped on tax credits still going ahead with universal credit?

seasidesally Thu 17-Dec-15 21:31:04

worse of through disability premiums not exsisting on UC

not on it yet and hope it takes ages to be inforce here

Iamnotloobrushphobic Sun 20-Dec-15 09:44:53

Seaside- is that correct about disability premiums not existing in universal credit or does it depend which rate of disability the person receives? I did the calculation for universal credit and I have a disabled DC (on the highest rate of DLa) and the calculator said we would be £18 per week better off on universal credit (but as I said above I don't want to change because I think UC still has lots of teething problems and other issues).

seasidesally Sun 20-Dec-15 19:47:28

in my case i think its the care part,i dont have a carer so get something else now that i wont get when t changes

that was on the uc calculator

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now