Talk

Advanced search

selling|facebook - need some help, please!

(3 Posts)
bananafish Thu 10-Dec-15 12:32:00

So - a couple of unexpected (all my own fault) bills have come in and I need to sell some things very quickly to try and cover them and still have some money left for Xmas.

I know how to sell on ebay, but I think FB is the way to go with such short notice. Trouble is I rarely use Facebook and I'm a bit lost. I've had a look at moneysavingexpert as a start, but I wonder if anyone has any tips on how to find local selling groups.

I live in West London and have tried West London selling as a search term, but I'm not having much luck in finding something. Should I look for number of members in a group as a good guide? Will things like baby clothes and cotsbbe worth a go?

Thanks very much in advance

MotiSen Fri 11-Dec-15 12:23:09

Not sure about FB, but I was able to use CraigsList to sell a few things within 3 days of posting - a baseball pitcher thing (Louisville Slugger), a ping-pong table, and a kids scooter. I asked for/received about 1/2 what I paid for them. Helps to post a photo or a link to something like the item on amazon to show how much they cost new. Also, some people will immediately ask if you are willing to take less. Ignore them.

london.craigslist.co.uk/

Hope it works for you. Also, CraigsList recommends, don't let buyers in your home. Meet them outside if possible. And, only take cash. How much $ you get may depend on how nicely you photograph the items to make them look appealing, and how many others are selling similar items. It's worth a go, and it costs nothing.

Best wishes!
Happy Holidays!

Eva50 Fri 11-Dec-15 16:21:03

What about Gumtree. It's free to advertise and sell. I have sold a few things on there and I think you get fewer time wasters than Facebook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now