Talk

Advanced search

Balance transfer

(5 Posts)
white66 Wed 02-Dec-15 14:43:33

Hi, I'm hoping for some advice. I have a few thousand pound on a credit card and the 0% is about to run out. I have a CC that is offering 2 deals- the first is 0% for 12 months the other is 4% for the lifetime of the balance. Which would be better I really want to tackle this debt instead of moving it around all the time

INeedSomeHelp Wed 02-Dec-15 17:21:29

How quickly can you pay it off? If you can clear it in 12 months then I would go for the 0% deal. If you can't, what rate does that revert to after the 12 months? I expect it will be a lot higher than 4% and might well wipe out any benefit of the 0% period.

RJnomore1 Wed 02-Dec-15 17:25:58

0% for 12 months.

Reason being your other card - the one the money is currently on - is likely to offer you a 0% transfer deal again if you don't use it for a while so if you had some balance left at the end of the 12 months you transfer it back.

I've done this a few times between cards.

RJnomore1 Wed 02-Dec-15 17:26:42

I should say there's a small gamble that they offer you a 0% but I always have had it.

white66 Wed 02-Dec-15 23:00:32

Thanks for your messages, I don't think I can guarantee to pay it off in 12 months then it's at 23% interest, but like you say I could probably transfer it back by then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now