Cancelled Debt Management Plan! stuck!!

(5 Posts)
Glitterball86 Tue 17-Nov-15 07:56:22

Stepchange have cancelled my DMP as I currently have more going out then coming in (am on Maternity Leave and only recieving SMP plus get a small amount of Housing Benefit, WTC,CTC and CB) and I am really struggling! Am currently looking to voluntarily terminate my car on HP agreement to free up some more funds but, aside from this, I am stuck in a big deep hole and see no way of getting out! sStepchange suggested I start a TPP and pay all my creditors £1 each (totalling about £30 a month) however I'm not even in a position to do this at the moment! So by getting rid of car, this will save me approximately £250 a month (fuel, insurance and HP pAyments) but looking at what possible other options could be? If I go bankrupt or any other avenue I will lose my job so feel like I am stuck in a rut!! I'm a single parent also and don't get any help with maintenance and can't afford the £70 to go through Child Support Agency (or whatever their new name is now) to get the £14 a week I would be entitled to! If I was to go back to work full time now I would be unable to keep renting my house and pay for childcare as nursery would equate to £200+ a week! Any tips? I'm really sad

OP’s posts: |
Glitterball86 Tue 17-Nov-15 07:56:36

Thanks for reading and sorry for rambling also!!!

SimLondon Wed 18-Nov-15 22:17:54

Glitterball that sounds pretty tough, can i suggest that you post this on moneysavingexpert or motley fool as you will get lots of replies on those boards.

RabbitSaysWoof Thu 19-Nov-15 07:32:51

I think it's a no brainer to rid of the car tbh. It won't always be like this, and it doesn't mean you can't have a car as a single parent it's just not viable as one on mat leave while you are still purchasing the thing. If you are returning to work in the future I don't know if you are aware but the tax credits will cover 70% of your child care costs.

Glitterball86 Thu 19-Nov-15 09:17:15

Thanks, will post on MSE have signed voluntary termination agreement and posted it off so will just wait to here now smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in