Talk

Advanced search

Recycling good condition high school uniform (school badge has changed)

(5 Posts)
northender Mon 09-Nov-15 11:05:38

I have a big bag of school uniform & PE kit in excellent condition. Some of it is my son's outgrown stuff and the rest is hand downs from a friend which we never used. The school badge changed about 18 months ago so uniform had to be replaced as it was outgrown.

It is really good quality stuff but has the old badge on.

Surely there must be charities who could use clothing like this either in this country or abroad? I hate the thought of just throwing it away.

holeinmyheart Mon 09-Nov-15 14:08:29

Why not take it to the school that your child goes to and see if they could use it by surreptitiously giving it to less well off families. The PE department might welcome the PE kit.
My DCs school had a shop for used goods. The school used the funds raised for the school ( grammar and boarding school ) I used it for rugby kit and boots. The stuff was immaculate. No one seemed too proud to use it. All the lost property went in there as well and was eventually sold , so you sometimes had to go looking for your DCs stuff. Volunteers staffed it.

Free cycle is a recycling charity. You advertise your stuff for free.
A local charity shop in the town near your DCs school will have a use for it surely.
However if your DCs are boarding a far distance away then it has to be an application to the school or Freecycle.com

AndNowItsSeven Sat 28-Nov-15 11:57:02

Give it to a charity shop, clothes of this nature are often sent to developing countries.

yeOldeTrout Sat 28-Nov-15 18:08:12

Agree, regular charity shop is best bet.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sat 28-Nov-15 18:21:59

You could save a few bits to make a bear or cushion. In a few years your ds won't remember which was the old badge. I have made some toy animals with some of my dc's old uniform.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now