Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

EON - IS IT ME OR ARE THEY THE WORST? HOW DO YOU ESCAPE?

(12 Posts)
Smiffffy Mon 19-Oct-15 17:28:36

MOST UNPROFESSIONAL, DISHONEST, FECKLESS, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, AGGRESSIVE, INCOMPETENT, MAKE UP FIGURES AS THEY GO ALONG COMPANY.......EVER.................
We have been fighting this bunch for over 1 YEAR reagarding what they claim is outstanding and what actually IS outstanding! There again it changes EVERY time we speak to someone new and we've been to the top of the food chain! They even demanded we speak to their 'independent' reviewer to resolve the issue.......independent MY FOOT, what they REALLY mean is a team of EMPLOYED EON STAFF!!!!!!!!!! So NOT one iota is it independent! THERE IS NO WAY OUT.......WELL THAT IS HOW WE FEEL.
THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEM OFF OUR BACK IS TO PAY THEM THEIR FICTIOUS DEBT. SO BE IT..........THEY ARE GETTING £1.00 PER MONTH FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS - LET EM TAKE ME TO COURT! I WILL NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN
UPDATE ......Latest we've been threatened with court yet again, despite trying to pay them.....you phone after 6pm and told to phone before 6pm, phone before 6pm, oh we have technical issues with our systems, phone after 6pm on a different number.......... they seriously couldn't find their backsides with both hands! PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS MANAGED TO ESCAPE THESE JOKERS SUCCESSFULLY, WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU........
Gratefully and at end of tether, Smiffy

RabbitSaysWoof Mon 19-Oct-15 18:13:53

It was an age ago, but I had this prob;em with them when they were Powergen.
I can't remember the ins and outs, but what should have been a straight forward thing they tried to turn into a long winded fuck around at my expense.
In the end I had to contact the Energy Services Ombudsman, they were great but it was about 13 years ago I can't remember all of the details but I remember them being really frustrating to deal with at the time.
www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 20-Oct-15 20:27:32

Have you emailed the ceo of eon?.

We had trouble too, they said we used £900 in a quarter in a one bedroom flat when we both worked full time.

Dh got through to the ceo office and all charges got wiped.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 20-Oct-15 20:28:35

Have you emailed the ceo of eon?.

We had trouble too, they said we used £900 in a quarter in a one bedroom flat when we both worked full time.

Dh got through to the ceo office and all charges got wiped.

Madmog Wed 21-Oct-15 08:28:05

I assume you've taken your own meter readings, done the calculations and are sure exactly what the bill should be. If so, email them telling them they've got 48 hours, otherwise you'll be taking the matter to the Energy Ombudsman. We did this with BT (quoting Ofcom) and just on the 48 hours I had a phone call from a lady who bent over backwards to get the matter sorted. Still took a few days, but I was kept informed.

listsandbudgets Sat 24-Oct-15 13:39:48

Good luck hope you sort it but whatever you do don't move to npower. I moved from eon to npower hoping all my problem. She would end only to discover npower were WORSE

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sat 24-Oct-15 13:44:16

We're with eon and have no problems with them thank goodness. In the past I've used the forums on the money saving expert website for advice and iirc one of the is about utilities and there always used to be an eon customer service person in there who was able to deal with stuff and sort out problems. Might be worth a look and see if it's still the case.

Dontbesilly Thu 29-Oct-15 07:55:48

We just changed to Eon from the absolutely horrifying and appalling Scottish Power. Hoping we get on ok.

Don't go to Scottish Power. They forgot to take direct debit payments frequently and randomly, did inform us of this and without informing us hiked the direct debit amount to astronomical proportions, again without telling us and had the cheek to blame us for letting the outstanding amount build up. The ombudsman are currently investigating this. Avoid, avoid and avoid......

Dontbesilly Thu 29-Oct-15 07:56:42

DIDN'T inform us. Bloody autocorrect

KatharineClifton Tue 03-Nov-15 20:00:12

Wow. Never had a problem with Eon, this is the 3rd year I've been with them. Never had a problem with Scottish Power before either.

What is the issue - is the meter not reading right?

PurpleCrazyHorse Sat 07-Nov-15 12:40:38

Sounds horrible.

We had an Economy 7 meter here and nPower insisted we needed to be on their Economy 7 tariff (costing us loads more as I'm at home during the day). Turns out they could put us on a normal tariff and add the day/night readings together. We eventually got them to backdate the bill to our moving in date but it took a rant on Twitter to find someone who could help. You're obviously a bit past our meter issue, so I'd also recommend the ombudsman, try calling Citizens Advice, they've been very helpful in the past.

We're with Ovo Energy and I'd definitely recommend them. They have a phone app for supplying meter readings, you can see your usage too. Their call centre is really helpful and I believe UK based. They even helped me with the nPower meter issue above even though it was nothing really to do with them (we were waiting for the nPower bill issue to be sorted before moving to Ovo).

Good luck.

Pointlessfan Sat 07-Nov-15 12:49:31

They are dreadful and I'm sure they make it up as they go along too. They claimed we used no electricity at all in June and July but then our usage soared on August when we were on holiday! Have just switched to Ovo, heard only good things about them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now