Talk

Advanced search

children's desk

(13 Posts)
CunfuddledAlways Fri 17-Jul-15 19:14:40

Can anyone recommend where to get a child's desk from that isn't £££?? I have checked eBay and hunters and nothing in ny area, looked at argos but the reviews seem to say the cheaper ones aren't worth it, I would ideally like to be able to sit two at the desk until teens. Is this impossible without somehow acquiring an actual school desk? Please help. Ideally as cheap as possible but feverish quality

CunfuddledAlways Fri 17-Jul-15 19:15:16

Gumtree not hunters sorry

KumiOri Fri 17-Jul-15 19:17:17

have you looked at ikea?

CunfuddledAlways Fri 17-Jul-15 19:29:24

Don't have an Ikea nearby but will try to look online. They have been doing it at the kitchen table but they can't store pens/pencils/whatever anywhere and they've both got summer projects to do (don't want it all cluttering up my kitchen even more)

KumiOri Fri 17-Jul-15 20:18:04

my dc have this m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/20244747/

AmazonsForEver Fri 17-Jul-15 20:30:32

Do they really need a desk? What about a holder for all the pens/craft stuff that can be easily put away?
We just have a plastic box- yes it's extremely ugly, but no-one sees it in the cupboard. It's one of those 'really useful' boxes with the clip on lids. It's huge, but v useful.

MsPickle Fri 17-Jul-15 20:43:06

Don't think desk, think table. How about a trestle style like at a design studio? Needn't be at all expensive. And then if you need the space you can collapse it, use it as extra dining space. And it'd be big enough for projects x2-how much space do you have?

CunfuddledAlways Fri 17-Jul-15 20:44:47

I think they will need a desk or something similar, they already get a lot of homework, our kitchens is small and the table only seats 2, three at a push it's not a quiet environment for doing work in and there is nowhere to put the stuff once they are done whereas in their room if a desk they could put under in a box or on shelves or whatever. We really need a new kitchen put in as our current one doesn't work for the 5 of us but that's a different thread entirely ;). I just want to give them space.

CunfuddledAlways Fri 17-Jul-15 20:46:26

Bedroom has enough space for a decent size desk / table xpost with Mspickle I will Google that thanks

CunfuddledAlways Fri 17-Jul-15 20:50:19

Ooh trestle tables may be just the thing smile)

twentyten Fri 17-Jul-15 20:52:04

Do you have charity furniture shops near you? They often have office stuff.

CunfuddledAlways Fri 17-Jul-15 20:58:02

Planning to charity shop peruse at the weekend smile thanks

Dancingqueen17 Sat 18-Jul-15 15:19:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now