Talk

Advanced search

A good deed

(4 Posts)
maybetomorrow22 Sat 27-Jun-15 07:44:31

Ok, I've just read the true poverty thread and I'm moved by how much people are really struggling and the poster who sent clothes to another. I had a really tough childhood in the early 90's and now in a fortune position to buy things as and when needed.

Anyway, I've been having a clear out and now have some size 8 clothes and size 5 shoes plus some 2 year boys stuff, I would like to give these to a fellow mn'er, so if you need them please get in touch and I will post them to you.

I have previously gave things away on freeshare/Facebook and have seen the items relisted in the sales pages angry

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sat 27-Jun-15 08:05:53

thats a lovely thing to do. grin

if u have no takers here have u tried local family centre/surestart. ours passes on to less advantaged families and also sells children's clothes for 20-50p an item which is handy if your on a tight budget!

lagirafe Sun 28-Jun-15 20:26:43

You could post here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/credit_crunch/2413424-CHILDRENS-CLOTHES-SHOES-BANK-thread

smile

BedmonsterSlayer Mon 29-Jun-15 16:44:04

For me it's the stories of lack of food that are hardest to read. Spurred on by that thread I'm trying to work out best way to help out a bit. I know food banks are there and we give each week but they only help with basics.

Maybe it's me being selfish but I want to help someone just treat their kids to some exciting food , even if only for a week or two , cos I have two little boys of my own and while he steadfastly refuses to eat anything except shreddies , at least the toddler gets offered new and fun food to try, it must be so hard if you can't do that for your little 'uns.

Plus I would only waste the money on a silly game for iPad or more films I never have time to watch !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now