Talk

Advanced search

Can Anyone Give Me Some Advice On Meals Please

(3 Posts)
Oopsadaisydoddle Fri 29-May-15 13:34:56

Hi all!

This is my first thread so hope you don't mind me asking. I just wondered if anyone else is like me in regard to batch cooking? I know loads of people say to batch cook and freeze meals for healthy, homecooked ready meals when needed. My problem? The thought of pre frozen cooked food makes me want to heave! I know I am probably in the minority here but if I have ever cooked anything and frozen it afterwards, it has always ended up heing thrown out.

The other thing I struggle with is finding meals that the whole family can enjoy. I am not greatly keen on meat (can't stand mince so chillis, spag bols etc are out). I love fish but have sickened myself of it lately. My kids like a good variety of stuff but their dislikes tend to be opposite to each others e.g. One loves veg and not much fruit, the other loves fruit but not much veg.

I'm not really sure what I am asking! I am just very frustrated at the moment because I feel like we just end up wasting food and I want us to be able to sit down and enjoy meals together. I also have ME so my energy levels often mean I need something 'easy' which in recent months has meant a lot of takeaways for us. Kids get fed well but we eat crap. The ME also lends itself to nausea which is one of the reasons I am so 'sensitive' (as in the heaving at the thought of the pre frozen food).

I have tried making a list of foods each of us likes so I can attempt to make meals out of those ingredients but it is still so difficult. Can anybody suggest anything?

Thanks in advance!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 29-May-15 17:50:09

Have you tried putting this in food? I think you'll get more help there.

Oopsadaisydoddle Fri 29-May-15 22:49:41

Thanks and no! Newbie error! I didn't know there was a food forum. I'll do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now