Clothes? In Lidl??

(11 Posts)
SmileAndNod Wed 25-Feb-15 18:25:41

Saw some advertised on tv earlier and being a sucker for a stripy top wondered if it was worth a look? Are they likely to fall apart after one wash? And can you return if they don't fit?

OP’s posts: |
wobblebobblehat Wed 25-Feb-15 18:31:08

Some of their stuff is pretty good quality. Better than Primarni IMO... Yes. it is worth a look.

They do refunds on the checkout.

BertieBotts Wed 25-Feb-15 18:58:27

It's alright but check the fit before buying. They can be pretty awful looking, like something from Bon Marche.

BertieBotts Wed 25-Feb-15 18:59:03

I don't mean try it on BTW, just check it's a normal shape and doesn't look horribly frumpy.

SmileAndNod Wed 25-Feb-15 21:23:23

I think I am the exact definition of frumpy, but I will resist stripping off in the aisles Bertie Botts grin. Will have a quick look then, thank you

OP’s posts: |
CointreauVersial Wed 25-Feb-15 21:30:04

I have some lovely Lidl PJs and a vest, and DD1 has some leggings.

Decent quality for the price. It does come up small, though. I'm a 10-12 but ended up with 14-16 PJs.

Also, you'll find sizes are limited. There will be loads of one size and none of another.

NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Wed 25-Feb-15 21:35:34

Some underwear I bought in there a year ago is still perfect and is the most comfortable underwear I've ever bought. Agree with pp, though, I think the sizing is on the small size.

Advertisement

WaitingForMe Wed 25-Feb-15 21:49:43

DS goes to a toddler group that's a feeder for a private school and the mums swear by Aldi waterproofs for kids.

Not seen anything I'd wear but I've been impressed with the quality of DS's stuff.

Remind Wed 25-Feb-15 21:50:10

Some of the styles are bit odd but the quality is excellent IMO. I've had kids clothes from there that are on their 3rd child and socks and underwear last well, better than anything else in the same price range IMO.

I never buy running kit anywhere else. It's better than most of the mainstream brands.

chanie44 Thu 26-Feb-15 19:24:25

Mil always buys me clothes from lidl for my birthday. Very hit and miss in terms of style and size.

BertieBotts Thu 26-Feb-15 20:46:36

Agreed their waterproof kids' stuff is excellent. But we got DS some winter shoes there and they are starting to fray now at around 3-4 months' of daily use. Similarly, I've had jogging bottoms which are a bit crappily made and the seams feel like they're going to pop if I stretch them too much, but other stuff has been good.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in