Talk

Advanced search

Best credit card for earning 'rewards'?

(14 Posts)
Brambles34 Wed 04-Feb-15 08:57:45

I don't use a credit card (don't like buying on 'credit') but starting to think I'm missing a trick?

I know different credit cards offer you different rewards such as tesco points on the tesco one and M&S etc but which is the best deal? I'll be paying off the card in full each month so not actually costing me anything but always up for a freebie! grin

Brambles34 Wed 04-Feb-15 10:11:32

Anyone?

crappyday Wed 04-Feb-15 10:13:47

I have a tesco one which I spend everything on to get the most points I can.
I think there's quite a good thread on this in money saving expert.

OverAndAbove Wed 04-Feb-15 10:14:08

I use my M and S one for everything, including work expenses, kids clubs and car insurance etc, and rack up a good number of points. I've just been sent vouchers of £34 which I'll use for M and S food, and various discounts for clothes, beauty, home stuff etc. I do like this card

gamerchick Wed 04-Feb-15 10:15:19

I've got the sainsbury one 0% for 30 odd months and then low interest and nectar points which I use.

tribpot Wed 04-Feb-15 10:24:11

I use a Tesco one for clubcard points (just got a Hudl with accumulated points) and a Capital One one I've had for years for cashback.

I would have a look on Money Saving Expert for the best credit card deals - lots of people use them as you intend to.

Brambles34 Wed 04-Feb-15 10:27:34

Thanks guys.....I'll have a nosey at MSE

Aridane Wed 04-Feb-15 11:52:59

I have only one credit card - and that is the Tesco one (which also doubles as a Tesco clubcard).

I don't spend a huge amount on credit card - being one of the dying breed of cash users - but I appreciate the Tesco vouchers that are given.

You actually get double points if you use the Tesco credit card for shopping at Tesco - but as I try to avoid credit card use, I just use it for its clubcard function.

Brambles34 Wed 04-Feb-15 12:14:25

I just looked at the tesco website and it says 5 points for every £4 spent at tesco with credit card, But don't you get 4 points for every £4 spent anyway???

43cupsoftea Wed 04-Feb-15 12:22:41

We had a Tesco one for years was great when they do the double rewards, got some great lego sets practically free! We have now switched to John Lewis as the reward seems higher and you get vouchers to spend at john Lewis once a quarter. Prefer to shop there. Also have decided Tesco are evil!

tribpot Wed 04-Feb-15 12:43:20

Yes, that's right - it's an extra point per £4 spend. Not huge but it adds up if you shop a lot in Tesco.

Aridane Wed 04-Feb-15 14:30:37

ah, sorry - had thought it was double points when using the Tesco credit card in Tesco (not that I use the credit card in Tesco anyway...)

tribpot Wed 04-Feb-15 15:03:28

I think it used to be, Ariadne.

Preciousbane Thu 05-Feb-15 17:40:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: