Talk

Advanced search

Remortgage due to pregnancy?

(2 Posts)
JessicaMorales Fri 28-Nov-14 06:05:56

Me and my DH have a $80k vehicle mortgage ( for his business he intend to start. Presently he works in a private firm in Calgary ) on a $157k house with 5 Year Mortgage Rate ( www.5yearmortgagerate.com ) for a 12 year term. My DH’s credit score was very poor so the loan was taken in my name. Two months after that I got pregnant. We have been married for 11 years and we had been waiting for this baby for quite a long period now. The Doctor told that mine is a very complicated case and he advised me to not continue the job as he fear of of a miscarriage. The treatment cost will be certainly high and with the arrival of the baby the other expense are also going to hike up. I have only unpaid maternity leave option at my small company. In that case, we will be pulled to a huge financial crisis. My DH’s job is not permanent. We are sure that we are gonna miss many installments this year. But we don’t want to lose the baby in anyways! What should be done? Should I go for a remortgage? Any ideas?

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 28-Nov-14 08:36:00

Re-post in money matters, it's where all the financial types are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now