50th birthday gift for a friend but no money - ideas please

(6 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Tue 26-Aug-14 15:47:25

so limited on cash but she is such a good friend would love to get her something - she likes pandora but money is limited any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Gumnast2014 Tue 26-Aug-14 15:52:02

Gift of time?

Babysitting, housework, something personal that you know she would love. I would love an evening of babysitting so I could just relax and do what I want.

If you want a gift maybe look at some bespoke jewellery that's pandoraesque

Orangeisthenewbanana Tue 26-Aug-14 18:48:07

Can you make something for her? Do you bake/crochet/knit/sew? My sister made lovely scarves for DD and I for Christmas.

Mum4Fergus Wed 27-Aug-14 10:48:03

Could you do a memory book with photos etc of you both?

Questionsquestionsquestions Wed 27-Aug-14 11:50:37

If you're on O2 and have Priority Moments, they've offering an Albelli photobook free for the next week or so (only pay 3.95 postage) - 24 pages (fits loads of photos - at least 60) and it's a lovely little hardback book, really good quality and great for a present! Depends how many photos you have though..!

madamemuddle Wed 27-Aug-14 16:09:15

When I've been hard up I've bought things from the charity shop.

Toiletries, scarves, jewellery, books are always good finds. As long as you check things properly you can find some great things. Wrap them up really nice in tissue and a bag or paper and no one will know. I'm not sure how much you have to spend but I guarantee you will find something nice for under a fiver.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in