Talk

Advanced search

Help to work out minimum payment please

(6 Posts)
Regbooboo Mon 27-Jan-14 16:15:48

I wonder if someone can advise me on a minimum payment amount please. I realise that paying the minimum payment on a credit card is not ideal and will take ages but I had to use the money to cover my Mum's various expenses and funeral. I owe £3,000 on a HSBC credit card and I it looks as though the rate is 17.9% at the moment. I was wondering how I could work out an approximate minimum payment per month on this amount. Apologies for being dense. Thanks.

Mum2Fergus Mon 27-Jan-14 19:16:10

I think its £5 or 3% of balance, whichever is the lowest. In all honesty though Id throw as much at it as you can. £3k repaid by minimum monthly would take over 17 years to repay.

Mum2Fergus Mon 27-Jan-14 19:16:49

Can you swap onto an interest free CC?

MsAspreyDiamonds Tue 04-Feb-14 03:06:57

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/1987219-SPREADSHEETS-for-Debt-Control-Budgeting-Mortgages-etc?

DipMeInChocolate Tue 04-Feb-14 12:49:20

There's plenty of 0% deals around, I'd try to get one of those.

TalkinPeace Tue 04-Feb-14 19:32:13

It depends on the terms on your card - the numbers for the minimum repayment and or percentage will be on your statement

have a look at my spreadsheets : linked by DipMe

and then work out the minimum, round it up to a fiver and set up a STANDING ORDER not the direct debit they will want you to do
and you'll clear it faster than you think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now