Printer Ink

(12 Posts)
carmella1986 Sat 27-Jul-13 11:28:38

I dont know if any of you know this but i found i think the best money saver... esp for me as im a working mum and printing things all the time, as well as my 2 soms homework etc etc... Printer ink is ridiculously expensive. My friend told me she buys her inks online at www.goodinking.co.uk and they are half price (refills) but just the same as the ones i used to get from tesco. This has saved me sooooo much money. I dont know if i was being a little bit dumb but have always bought the originals as i didnt relise people sell refills, its great! So for anyone in the same boat as me have a look, or i think they sell on ebay also amazon.

OP’s posts: |
Rumours Sat 27-Jul-13 17:58:13

I just went on the site and they've only got HP ones at the mo, I need canon ones.

carmella1986 Mon 29-Jul-13 12:18:09

Hi, yes mines a HP... Get on ebay they sell them on there really cheap! or Amazon.
xx

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 29-Jul-13 22:01:15

Or buy a cheap laser one off amazon and the drum lasts me two years.

I only print at 300dpi in toner save mode.

dotnet Wed 31-Jul-13 12:31:10

My printer won't work at the moment, ever since I put in two new ink cartridges I bought off ebay. I'd bought off ebay previously and the inks worked fine though. I do believe you when you say the co. you recommend, is good. I think I'll order two replacements from them.
I've been told - don't know if this is right, though, that the inks I bought and which don't agree with my printer - there may be some sort of misalignment or something.
I wouldn't have this problem if printer's inks in the shops didn't sell at such a ludicrous price!

carmella1986 Wed 31-Jul-13 19:37:50

Hiya, well... give them a go, they are working a treat in my HP printer and saving me lots of money more to the point! It is outrageous how much they charge in the shops!!!
Good Luck with them!

Seabright Thu 01-Aug-13 08:11:16

Dotnet: is yours an Epson? Because they have a chip in them that means the printer only works with "real" Epson cartridges.

Last time I'm buying an Epson

Advertisement

carmella1986 Thu 01-Aug-13 16:42:14

No luckily not its an HP. Thats not good news about your epsom! That must be costly! Sell it on ebay and buy an HP as i know they definately use refills!! x

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 02-Aug-13 16:18:25

my printer is an epsom but i buy off amazon refills and works out really cheap - i do buy in bulk as use lots as both oh and i are se so print a lot of invoices etc off

i brought 14 cartridges, that was 3 sets (pink, blue, yellow, black) and 2 extra black for less then £7 including postage

Showtime Sun 04-Aug-13 16:20:05

My Epson works well on the cheapies too, but I understand that if the machine rejects them (yes, occasionally), they will work again after a wipe.
I thought mine were cheap at about double that price Blondes! Congratulations.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 04-Aug-13 19:33:12

cheap cartridges from amazon for epson

hope works smile

carmella1986 Mon 05-Aug-13 14:18:13

Thats a good deal but be more wary of compatible cartridges as they are not real they are Chinese copy's (should be fine but i have heard tales of them ruining printers if you get a dodgy one!)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in