Good shampoo and cheaper prices?

(16 Posts)
Hattie11 Mon 20-May-13 20:49:14

I'm finding the price of shampoo and conditioner is so much, maybe more noticeable now I have two daughters using mine and not the baby shampoo!

I wondered whether I can bulk buy decent brands anywhere online. Any suggestions?

OP’s posts: |
scrummummy Mon 20-May-13 21:14:39

Do you have a local £ shop or 99p shop near by? I have bought dove pantene tresemme etc there its easy to stock up.

AViewFromTheFridge Mon 20-May-13 21:22:42

Tresemme is also often on offer in Asda, so you can get two of the massive ones for 3 or 4 quid.

Methe Mon 20-May-13 21:25:52

I've posted on here before about this so apologies if you've read it. We use tesco own brand tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner at less than a quid for a massive bottle.

Works wonders on dd's super thick hair. I tend to alternate with Aussie stuff as I like the smell of that but don't notice much difference in my hair.

Kt1991 Mon 20-May-13 21:27:38

If you live close to a tescos I use their make called My Senses, makes your hair shiny and smells gorgeous! I think its just over a pound. I use certain ones from the poundshop, but after a while my hair looks a little greasy so change often, always go for the cheaper brands though cause the prices are ridiculous now! I mean who spends like five pounds on a shampoo?!

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 20-May-13 21:28:07

TK Maxx have giant salon sizes for a fraction of the price.

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 20-May-13 21:30:00

Tressemme is better in my hair than any of the expensive ones I've been talked into buying at the hairdressers

Advertisement

JoyceDivision Mon 20-May-13 21:34:26

Home Bargains do branded stuff cheap.

Hattie11 Mon 20-May-13 22:19:09

ok thanks guys. Unfortunately i'm allergic to Tressemme - I know they are nicely priced.

Going to look at Home bargains assuming that's online?

Will keep an eye out in my local pound shops. Thank you

OP’s posts: |
FoundAChopinLizt Mon 20-May-13 22:22:06

We have Sainsburys apple, for £1 massive bottle with a pump dispenser, which is good for dcs as less waste.

chocolatespiders Mon 20-May-13 22:27:36

Home bargains Juice stuff is nice...

Sainsburys do massive coconut shampoo and conditioner with a pump for 99p. It is seriously big and good for children.

miffybun73 Tue 21-May-13 13:14:21

Hi, I love Alberto Balsam. Loads of different fruity scents. Shampoo is £1 and Conditioner same. Sometimes cheaper in banded packs or three for two offers.

Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda aand most chemists sell it.

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 21-May-13 14:23:58

Looked at my Tresemme this morning - it's a hypo allergenic one

Bluebell99 Tue 21-May-13 14:25:55

I've got some nice products from tkmaxx.

ElenorRigby Sat 25-May-13 09:28:43

Aldi Shampoo and Conditioner, 89p each

The whole family use the tea tree one's! Brilliant stuff smile

Betty5313 Mon 10-Jun-13 21:10:50

I use the asda smart price ones, 24p each smile found it by mistake when we were in the midst of a preschool headlice nightmare and I needed seriously cheap conditioner for all the combing. I noticed how lovely my hair looked so decided to risk a whole 24p on the shampoo too, and haven't looked back over a year later and my very thick hair is bouncy and less frizzy than it has ever been. Only downside is that it doesn't smell of anything except a general soap smell but I think that is goodsmile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in