Talk

Advanced search

Unstealthy boast warning...

(9 Posts)
toddlerama Fri 05-Apr-13 13:34:02

I just bought a weeks worth of groceries for my family of 5 (bottomless pits) and filled my car with unleaded for a grand total of.....

£0.67p

I've been sitting on coupons for months and we are absolutely skint, so it was finally time to crack - the rainy day I was saving them for has arrived! grin

I saved £96. I feel like an extreme couponer. I aspire to a basement full of unperishable space food grin.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 05-Apr-13 13:36:03

You win! I don't think any if us can beat that.

Good for you

Oodsigma Fri 05-Apr-13 13:36:23

Ooh need to know how ( especially the petrol!)

MrsBungle Fri 05-Apr-13 13:38:14

That is excellent. I am in awe of you. Yes, please explain the petrol!

cozietoesie Fri 05-Apr-13 17:48:16

Boy I bet that felt good. I save Nectar points and NatWest points for Xmas food and it gives you a little glow to know you have that comfort blanket.

Now start collecting again!

smile

toddlerama Fri 05-Apr-13 18:43:03

Well I just used the vouchers at face value. So £45 of them on petrol (plus a double points scan) and the rest on groceries.

It isn't really very clever or fancy, I just felt like such a victor leaving Tesco with a load of expensive stuff for nothing!

FlouncyMcFlouncer Sat 06-Apr-13 13:34:42

Are you saying you can use Tesco Clubcard vouchers for fuel? I did not know this!

cozietoesie Sat 06-Apr-13 14:30:42

There are some exclusions (tobacco, infant milk, medicines etc) in a footnote but yes- looks like petrol is fine.

spending tesco vouchers

Oodsigma Sat 06-Apr-13 15:51:33

We only get £1-2 a quarter in tesco vouchers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: