Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

best cheap make up ,face cream etc etc

(17 Posts)
booksinbed Thu 27-Sep-12 13:46:11

Hi - we are on tight budeget due to increase in commitments - want to look after self for minimal cost .Please could we share our top cheap products - cosmetics ,body care,facial care .
mine is the highliger pen from aldi which won good housekeepimg award and the face powder plus superdrug vit c facial oil - pop on a t night and my skin feels restored

- its about 2.99 for each item.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 27-Sep-12 15:24:26

I use Aldi for;

Body lotion, the one in the BLUE bottle with a white cap, not the other one.
Face Powder
Foundation
Serum
Calcium night cream (both for my neck not face)
Eyeshadow.
Their version of Pantene for DH hair.

Rosehip oil off amazon for my facial moisturiser.

Loreal serie natural professional shampoo, £15 for 1.5lrs of shampoo.

TK Maxx for Joico conditioner, £13 for a ltr.

Smart price sanitary towels.

Baby oil for eyemake up remover.

Boots No7 Hot cloth cleanser bought with a £5 off voucher on a 3 for 2 offer so £5 a bottle for that. Got a years supply.

Dug my old ladyshave out for legs.

I get make up off ebay, I got benefits Lemonaid for £3.50 instead of £16.50. It doesnt work well so I'm glad I didnt pay full price for it. I should have known better really, Benefits not great.

I use smart price roll on anti perspirent too, it works well but can be stingy if you've just wet shaved.

Clicketyclack Thu 27-Sep-12 17:30:53

Aldi for -shower creme(same as dove)
face cream,day cream is really good and has won some award
love their lipsticks/eyeshadows

Cromwell44 Thu 27-Sep-12 22:40:56

The MUA male Up Academy make up from Superdrug is really good - lipsticks £1, most stuff is £1, £2,or £3. There's lots of pigment in it and has even been recommended on S&B thread - which is why I tried it. 'Tis good stuff.

TinyDiamond Thu 27-Sep-12 22:45:04

Pound world and pound land have brilliant branded make up in at the mo. Loads of stila, bourgeois, nivea, revlon, collection 2000, NYC. LOADS. tis brill

happybubblebrain Thu 27-Sep-12 23:29:41

Aldi for facecreams.

Poundland for shampoo and conditioner - Schwarzkopf Gliss Asia Straight shampoo and conditoiner are the best I've ever used, even better than very expensive ones like Kerastase.

Poundland for Vaseline Intensive Care body moisturiser.

I check the local market for makeup as prices are usually about 70% cheaper than Boots or Superdrugs.

Then with all the money I've saved I buy the Clinique bonus time - oooops.

pinkyp Thu 27-Sep-12 23:33:36

Superdrug hot cloth cleanser, was recently on offer 2 for £3.99 (normally £5.99 each). Any cheapie vit e cream. Pound shop do branded make up now. I just buy offers from boots.

luckylavender Fri 28-Sep-12 08:51:03

Top tip

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/

Not everything is great and you have to pick and chose a bit but the liquid eyeliner is every bit as good as the MAC one which is £14 and it lasts much longer - at only £1.50. Face powder, bronzer, lipstick, eyeshadows, nail polish all brilliant. Have recommended it to loads of people and they are all hooked. They have great offers and delivery is really quick.

luckylavender Fri 28-Sep-12 08:51:58

And the brushes are good too

cocolepew Fri 28-Sep-12 08:53:52

If our Poundland have branded shower gel, shampoo etc in our Asda do them cheaper. They are both in a shopping center though so are in direct competition. Sometimes the Poundland bottles are smaller.

xxxresixxx Fri 28-Sep-12 09:12:12

Aldi face cream, body lotion etc. make up wise I'm struggling and investigating newoptions!

2isamagicnumber Fri 28-Sep-12 20:41:22

With regards to the branded make up at Poundland. There was a program about Poundland on tv recently. Stila were complaining that Poundland were selling their products. Apparently they stopped manufacturing the product on sale over 8 years ago shock

I use Aldi moisturiser and concealer both really good

Brickle Fri 28-Sep-12 21:58:41

Boots Natural Collection mascara is very good - £1.79 or 3 items for £5. I've never used the blusher, but, I've seen another poster saying how good it was.
Marks and Spencers perfumes are usually a copy of other well known ones - "Butterfly" is a copy of Marc Jacobs "Daisy" £3.50 for 10ml (usually 3 for 2 just before xmas).

JambalayaCodfishPie Fri 28-Sep-12 22:03:40

2isamagicnumber

I bought that Stila tinted moisturiser. Never felt my face itch so much, and I really don't have sensitive skin at all. I'm not at all surprised to hear its likely to be well out of date. sad

jenduck Sun 30-Sep-12 16:41:53

I find that baby oil (any brand) makes a very efficient make-up remover & is also goo for when you have just shaved your legs.

2isamagicnumber Mon 01-Oct-12 20:37:49

Jambalayacodfishpie oh that's alwful [alwful

2isamagicnumber Mon 01-Oct-12 20:40:10

Sorry didn't mean to post, stupid phone! Meant to say that's alwful. If i'd seen it in Poundland before the program I would definitely have bought some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now