Talk

Advanced search

Where is he best place to sell DVDs and CDs?

(24 Posts)
bigkidsdidit Sun 23-Sep-12 13:21:40

Hello smile

DH and I are finally FED UP with our DVDs and CDs taking over and have put them all onto a hard drive so we can sell them all

What is the best place to ship them all - I'd rather not do amazon as there are hundreds and I cannot be bothered to sell them all individually

Are any of those sites like magpie better than the others?

Thanks!

NatashaBee Sun 23-Sep-12 13:23:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bigkidsdidit Sun 23-Sep-12 13:27:21

Yes I wondered about cex or music magpie or something but I wondered if one got you more cash than he others

LineRunner Sun 23-Sep-12 13:33:21

Good idfea, Natasha, I would also consider CEX. You might only get between 1p and 70p per item, but it's a hell of a lot easier than listing them on ebay or Amazon and being lucky to get 99p and having to post them and worrying about feedback. <bitter>

The 1p by the way is CEX's offer for a Take That CD. grin

LineRunner Sun 23-Sep-12 13:33:30

idea

bigkidsdidit Sun 23-Sep-12 13:53:18

1p! grin

I sell books on amazon but wih the limit on postage they apply I only make about £3 per book and it's just not worth it - it's a right pain

There's a cex near me so I might pop in.

Thanks both

LineRunner Sun 23-Sep-12 14:36:37

Let us know how you get on with the Take That collection so we can compare notes. smile

bigkidsdidit Sun 23-Sep-12 15:10:22

I have Shania Twain to sell grin

LineRunner Sun 23-Sep-12 15:38:32

I raise you David Cassidy's Greatest Hits.

BoerWarKids Tue 25-Sep-12 16:55:36

I've used Magic Magpie in the past. You don't get much but it's easy and convenient. At least they tell you from the outset how much you'll get for each item.

I've never used CEX or Cash Converters, how does it work? Do you take stuff into the shop and they price it individually?

BoerWarKids Tue 25-Sep-12 16:56:48

I've got DVDs to sell, both CEX and CC are walking distance from my house so maybe I should take advantage!

LineRunner Tue 25-Sep-12 17:10:16

CEX I think scans the barcode of everything you take in and the set price comes up on the till. (That's how it works at Game, for used console games.) There's a cash price and a higher trade-in price.

So if you're planning to buy one of the DC's a pre-owned game or console or DS or accessory for Christmas, that's the time to take your old stuff in, for trade-in.

BoerWarKids Tue 25-Sep-12 17:41:40

Thanks, LineRunner. I need cash rather than a trade-in, but I'll give them a go.

LineRunner Tue 25-Sep-12 17:45:16

You can look up the prices in advance on the CEX website, and presumably CC and Magpie are the same, so you don't get too much of a shock!

BikeRunSki Tue 25-Sep-12 18:31:08

I have used Music Magpie. My 90s indie stuff seems to get me on average about £1 an item. It was very convinient, they even post you postage labels if you havn't got a printer at home. Music is not worth that much second hand really, since it is pretty cheap to start with, and a chunk of that is royalities and tax.

FlouncyMcFlouncer Wed 26-Sep-12 19:58:59

Cex seem to pay better - for example I just checked Big Bang Theory series one and Cex offer £4, MM only offer £1.32!!

LineRunner Wed 26-Sep-12 20:10:44

Wow, that's a heck of a difference! I wonder why.

racingheart Sat 29-Sep-12 16:43:27

Thank you OP for starting this thread. I've never heard of Cex but there's one very nearby, and having checked a few things I'd like to get rid of, it'll all add up.

visualarts Sat 29-Sep-12 16:53:14

visualarts Sat 29-Sep-12 16:55:24

bigkidsdidit Sun 30-Sep-12 11:18:19

You're welcome racing but I still haven't got round to doing it grin

BertieBotts Sun 30-Sep-12 11:20:27

Cex you tend to get more for stuff, but not on CDs, unless they're recent ones (but even then ebay would be better)

No they don't buy VHS.

BertieBotts Sun 30-Sep-12 11:28:52

CDs will be either 1p, 10p or 30p generally unless it's a very new release or a high value box set (but most box sets even you don't get much for)

DVDs it varies, anything from 10p up to about £2 per title unless, again, they're new releases. Or disney ones hold their value more, you get a few £ each for those.

Footsnake Sun 15-May-16 17:59:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now