best freebies cards????

(7 Posts)
jobnockey Mon 20-Aug-12 14:02:24

was talking with my boss this morning who said that his family collects air miles with their tesco club card which are enough to pay for their summer hoiday flights each year (family of 4). i hate tesco but will start shopping there if this is the best place for freebies. Currently use sainsburys online and collect nectar but not sure how this compares (only get £2.50 per 500 points towards flights). Anyone know best place to shop (neeeeed a holiday in the sun but always too skint to afford it!!!)

OP’s posts: |
countydurhamlass Mon 20-Aug-12 20:26:05

your boss must spend an awful lot at tesco. according to website £2.50 gets you 600 points with avio for example but in the small print you need 9000 for one flight to a european place such as paris (their zone 1). However, if you look at avios website you can collect airmiles from different stores if you buy online through them. ie you go to their website to get to another companies website (i think they took over airmiles.com). its a good idea if you do a lot of shopping online

jobnockey Tue 21-Aug-12 09:15:15

H's obviously being paid too much! Will investigate Avios - thanks.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Tue 21-Aug-12 09:18:06

My boss used to do this, buy he was a company director, got his fuel paid for, and will have bought all his fuel at Tesco, and used his Clubcard to collect points on fuel. Had a big, thirsty car and went to lots of meetings and conferences up and down the country.

jenduck Tue 21-Aug-12 11:46:18

I think the Boots Advantage card gives you the most points per £ - 4 normally or 10 if you are with the parenting club. But these can only be spent in store, I believe, whereas Nectar/Tesco can be used for 'deals' eg meals out, holidays etc

If you check out the Money Saving Expert website forums, there is a thread there devoted to boosting points on these cards, it tells you little tricks you can use to get extra points, often without spending anything. Also, join Tesco Shopper Thoughts (google it) who will send you surveys to fill in online, for 50 points a go.

jobnockey Thu 23-Aug-12 11:42:10

thanks jenduck

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 24-Aug-12 14:03:53

Shop at aldi/lidl and you'll save enough for a holiday.

We spend £1200 a year less.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in