How to get the most from my tesco points

(8 Posts)
NoHank Sat 16-Jun-12 09:49:50

I thought this might be the best place to get some advice on how to use up my points wisely.

I noticed last week that the number on my clubcard didn't match the number on my clubcard account online. I rang the helpline and they had it listed under my old address. We moved 6 years ago so I have been using my clubcard for the last 6 years and never claimed back any points / vouchers. They transferred the clubcard onto my account and when I logged in this morning and it would appear I have over 9000 points on this clubcard! I don't want to get too excited by this but by my very rough reckoning this would work out as around £300 in vouchers.

This couldn't have come at a better time as we have had a number of unexpected bills, car got broken into and I am currently working my notice after being made redundant. My first thought was to save them towards Christmas when we can double some vouchers towards toys (have 2 DC's) and gifts and have some for food shopping. But I'm not sure if this is the best use of them? Just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get the most from them and make them stretch as far as possible! Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Catsmamma Sat 16-Jun-12 09:52:33

go look on the clubcard deals site and see what appeals

we usually use ours for meals out, you get 4x face value in restaurant vouchers.

You can get season tickets I think for theme parks, or use them for train journeys

ChasingSquirrels Sat 16-Jun-12 09:53:35

Go on the rewards site and look at what you can get that suits your needs.

I get mag subs, days out vouchers, meal vouchers.
In the past have also got RAC subs, furniture, channel tunnel crossing.

bigTillyMint Sat 16-Jun-12 09:55:45

The clubcard deals are fantastic - I think its 3x the face value now. We have had hotel holidays and theme park days out using them, but you can use them for all sorts of other stuff. Much better value than exchanging them in-store!

WhenDoISleep Sat 16-Jun-12 09:57:37

When you log on to the club card site, don't forget to check the expiry date on your vouchers.

BrittaPerry Sat 16-Jun-12 09:58:20

I just got a load of £12.50 days out vouchers for £2.50 in points each. That was good.

NoHank Sat 16-Jun-12 10:22:26

Thanks, lots of good ideas. The base of DS bed broke last week so furniture might be a good place to start grin

Also the days out are a good idea for the summer holidays. And a few meals out as a family sounds nice too

Do they run the exchanges all the time or are they at certain times in the year? Also, at the moment they are only showing as points, not vouchers? Do they issues these at certain times also?

OP’s posts: |

Advertisement

bigTillyMint Sat 16-Jun-12 10:27:18

You can exchange for the partner rewards all year round, but I think there are special deals on the instore exchanges at times.

If you click on my account and log in then choose my vouchers from the menu on the left, scroll down the page to get all the numbers, etc.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in