tax credits working tax threshold. bloody hell!

(5 Posts)
mrslurkalot Sun 13-May-12 21:30:02

Hi peedoff, hope you're ok. Let us know what they have to say xx

peedoffbird Sat 12-May-12 12:20:54

Thanks for replying. MrsLurk I have gone onto turn2us and what we are receiving seems lower than it should be so I am going to call them again.

Cogito, fortunately, we don't have much debt (prob pay about £20 a month on a credit card). A full-time and part-time wage just doesn't pay enough to pay for a house, bills and a child. I've cut all bills to the absolute minimum and tbh it's scary. I've never been so broke in my life. Horrible scary feeling.

OP’s posts: |
CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 11-May-12 14:38:12

If financing debt makes up a big part of your outgoings you might find CAB or one of the other free debt advice organisations helpful.

mrslurkalot Fri 11-May-12 10:53:17

Didn't want this to go unanswered. So sorry to hear this has caught you by surprise, surely they should have contacted you to let you know so that you could plan, it's such a lot of money to lose. Have you looked at this website http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx to see if you are entitled to any other help? I really hope you're ok xx

peedoffbird Thu 10-May-12 16:52:36

have just noticed tax credits have dropped by £200 to £100 which means we cannot survive. i rang them in a panic and they told me that the new joint WTC amount is now £17000. shit. got everything down to the wire as it is and feel sick now. dp got made redundant and now has part time.job but struggling to get more. is anyone else in this situation and how do you pay the bills?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in