Apart from eBay, where can I sell lots and lots of clothes

(15 Posts)
Eclairwaldorf Sun 12-Feb-12 18:02:51

As the title says really, have black bags fill of clothes that I would like to make some cash from and just wondered what my best options were? Was thinking car boot? Don't want to risk selling everything on eBay for 99p ..... Are there any other options? Have given lots to charity over the last few years but could really do with making some cash this time...

TIA

OP’s posts: |
ImpatientOne Sun 12-Feb-12 18:09:12

Really depends on what 'labels' you have. We have some dress agencies around here but they are very picky about what they will take.

I think car boot is your best bet for general clothing although the trade for clothes seems to have really diminished these days as cheap stuff more easily available...

Another option is to sell to a 'ragman' type thing, we've done this a few times with our youth group although you do need to have a lot of stuff but it can literately be anything - old bedding, curtains etc.

Chocolateporridge Mon 13-Feb-12 22:00:06

Have you tried the Gumtree website for your local area? I've bought and sold a few things on there and it saves on the whole postage problem too. I've not sold any clothes there but I've noticed quite a few people selling bundles of clothes. You could have a look and see what price other people are selling theirs at.
Hope that helps smile

gemma4d Mon 13-Feb-12 22:01:31

Lots of facebook selling pages in my area, but people like photos - could get tedious

Eclairwaldorf Mon 13-Feb-12 22:03:21

It's the photo element that puts me off selling online... Would have to iron the clothes, take pictures, upload etc. will look at gumtree thanks.

OP’s posts: |
mnistooaddictive Mon 13-Feb-12 22:06:18

Nct nearly new sale. The season is about to start. Www.nct.org.uk for your nearest sale.

putthehamsterbackinitscage Tue 14-Feb-12 07:41:44

It was on the news just now .....

Do a web search on cash for clothes.... There are a growing number of companies that will pay you around 50p a kilo and will collect from you at no cost.....

Some are nationwide and use courier collection, others are more local.....

Advertisement

whyme2 Tue 14-Feb-12 08:03:34

Three weeks ago we sold over twenty bin liners of old clothes to someone advertising on gumtree. They paid 60p per kilo and it was much easier than ebaying everything. Also they collected from us.
the only requirement was the clothes had to be in decent condition ie no broken zips and no stains. They also took shoes.

Would recommend ebay for nicer more expensive items.

happybubblebrain Sat 18-Feb-12 23:02:32

I think you will make most money at a carboot sale. At my local carboot you can sell shoes in decent condition for £3 - £5 a pair. Kids clothes at £1 or £2 an item. Adult clothes you can sell for £2 - £3, more for things with an expensive label or jackets and coats.

Or, if you live near a market you could try setting up a little stall and sell for quite a bit more.

If you sell at 50p a kilo you won't make much. I've never tried selling on ebay as it seems like a PITA to me.

EmmaA1 Tue 28-Feb-12 20:21:51

I don't know where you're based, but if you're looking to sell children's clothes I'm holding a Tabletop Children's Nearly New Sale at Addlestone Community Centre (Surrey) on Saturday 12th May 2012.

As a seller you pay for a table, from which you can sell as many good quality children's clothes, toys and small bits of children's equipment as you like for ages 0-9 years. You get to keep all the money you make from items sold from your table.

Personally I find this type of sale preferable when you have a large number of children's items to sell in one go. Also as opposed to car boot sales where many people are just there to mooch, shoppers at children's nearly new sales tend to be there with more of a purpose.

Table spaces are priced at £13.50 each if booked before 31st March, £16 each after that date. Please email me at cherishednearlynew@hotmail.co.uk if you would like more info.

taytotayto Fri 16-Mar-12 21:32:17

i think netmums is fab for selling childrens clothes x

jch271085 Sat 07-Apr-12 11:13:35

There is a place in West London called Cash for clothes. They pay 55p per kilo for all items of clothing adults and infants and they just need to be a in a reusable condition. I have been to there store in Acton, W3 and was very impressed with the service and also how quick and easy the process was. He simply looked throught the items weighed them up and then gave me cash on the spot. I would recommend it to any one as car boot sales and ebay are not worth the early mornings or hassle with postage and refunds etc. I have tried both and gave up lol

AnEcumenicalMatter Sat 07-Apr-12 11:21:54

I got rid of 15 balck bags of old clothes, shoes and bags to one of those 'cash for clothes' places a few weeks ago. I got 50 odd quid for the lot (60p/kg) and it took minutes to unload the car, chap to weigh the bags and hand over the cash.

I kept the better stuff back to ebay and made over £300 on those over the last few weeks. I do find the whole process of ebay tedious but the shiny new iPad bought with the proceeds makes it all worthwhile wink

FIFIBEBE Sat 28-Apr-12 19:11:38

WWW.CLOTHESFORCASH.COM have just deposited some money in my Paypal account. I just registered, they sent me a sack, I filled it with clothing, I asked for a pick up, they collected and paid up 2 days later.

issimma Sun 29-Apr-12 20:49:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in