Talk

Advanced search

How to earn some extra cash

(16 Posts)
designerspew Fri 16-Sep-11 08:36:34

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm running out of stuff to sell on ebay (not sure husband would appreciate me selling the baby). Time is limited, but could really do with some extra cash. Thought of baking cakes, but not really got anywhere to sell them...

Sanesometimes1 Fri 16-Sep-11 20:50:25

How much tome do you have ? is it daytime ? evenings ?

designerspew Sat 17-Sep-11 07:47:59

A couple of hours during the day, when my son naps. That's it really. Not sure there's much I can do, but thought I'd see if anyone has any suggestions!

drcrab Sun 18-Sep-11 14:35:27

Re baking cakes you can try the local sales or fairs (eg NCT nearly new sale). We had some people come sell at our last one for some charity and all they paid us was £10 for a table. All other profits go to them. They had cupcakes, slices of cakes etc. They sold out.

joshandjamie Sun 18-Sep-11 15:14:08

could you offer to sell other people's stuff on ebay and manage the sale for them and then take a cut?

KatharineClifton Sun 18-Sep-11 15:30:09

Avon? Many people do this with a baby. Or go round in the evenings.

Charliesangel2009 Sun 18-Sep-11 17:04:08

I'm watching this thread with interest! I need to earn some more cash too, particularly with Xmas coming up. I was wondering about Betterware or similar. But worried that I'd spend my time doing it for little reward

Atwaroverscrabble Mon 19-Sep-11 11:42:23

How about a paper round? They pay about £20 a week and its 30-45 mins per morning walk with ds....

booyhoo Mon 19-Sep-11 18:01:28

i go to a monthly indoor car boot sale. there is one stall there run by 2 teenage girls and all they sell are cupcakes. it is £5 for a table, and there are only about 25/30 tables there but every time these girls sell out. all the other stall holders go and get a bun as do all the buyers. i imagine if youhad more of a variety you would do really well.

higgle Mon 19-Sep-11 18:54:45

A friend of mine bought each of her four children a car by making cakes and selling them on the WI stall in the market.

serin Wed 21-Sep-11 20:56:42

Are there any posh tea shops or delis in your area? they might take your cakes.

KatharineClifton Fri 23-Sep-11 10:05:45

I've never known anybody make any money out of Betterware.

FlouncyMcFlouncer Fri 23-Sep-11 10:35:39

If you're any good at sewing there's a huge market for personalised children's items such as cushions or blankets, you can market them yourself on Facebook. There's a girl local to me who's taking orders faster than she can produce the cushions and frankly they're nothing special - pre-bought cushions with felt letters stitched on!

ashash Sat 24-Sep-11 19:43:43

There is still money to be made from buying in bulk and then selling in individual quantities on ebay. There are plenty of books on this. you have to be a little brave and accept some small losses at times but, as I say, there is money to be made.

Champagnevanity Sun 25-Sep-11 09:33:28

I'm running out of stuff to sell on ebay

HHAH, me too.

Can you knit? Try knitting/making garments and selling them? Such as baby clothes, easy to knit, and people love knitted baby garments.

happybubblebrain Mon 26-Sep-11 12:45:21

I have lots of stuff to sell on ebay but I don't know how to use it, I don't like the look if it and everyone says its a PITA. Maybe you could advertise to sell other people's stuff on ebay for a price? Or to teach people how to use it i.e. a 3 hour course costing min £30? I think there might be lots of people who would pay for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now