Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stinking Credit Crunch. I'm taking on more work as the sums just don't add up now.

(3 Posts)
sneakybeak Mon 05-Sep-11 19:51:44

Long term MN - name changer.

All day I've been distracted as to the extent of our financial situation.

Lots of big bills all at once, stealing from Peter to pay Paul...

I work as a professional part time, but there are no more extra hours available, so I've applied to do some unskilled stuff evenings and weekends when DH can have the kids.

On the one hand I'm pleased I've taken some action, but OTOH I'm pissed off and full of self pity that we're now going to play tag team with the DCs to survive.

Not sure why I'm posting really. I'm proud that I take notice of all the money saving tips on here and MSE so I'm confident that there's nothing more to be squeezed out of our existing budget, so more work seems to be the only way forward (DH already does 50 p/w).

Once DCs are receiving EYFS funding and the older one is at school I think we'll be able to breath again.

LadyLapsang Tue 06-Sep-11 13:22:54

It will pass. Have you told your employer you definitely want the extra hours and will take them if they can offer them.

sneakybeak Tue 06-Sep-11 16:56:15

The knowledge it'll pass is the only thing that's keeping me going smile

I'm getting extra hours from a completely different employer - there's definitely nothing extra in my day job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now