Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend really warm children's pyjamas?

(22 Posts)
UnSerpentQuiCourt Tue 30-Aug-11 08:49:29

Can anyone recommend some really warm pyjamas for a 4-year old? When I google I just get sites selling thin Disney stuff or white cotton nightdresses. I need something which will allow her to get up in the morning without whining, now that autumn is fast approaching.

BedHog Tue 30-Aug-11 08:52:17

Primark sell fleecy pyjamas, which are pretty warm. My DS has a few pairs, I presume they make them for girls too.

jamaisjedors Tue 30-Aug-11 08:54:42

There are some merino ones around if you can stretch to it - look at Cambridge baby - we have their silk/merino vests and the boys are really warm in them.

MogandMe Tue 30-Aug-11 08:58:07

We like the primark ones and they seem to have lasted well, and are nice and warm. We only have boy ones - trains/fire engines but as Bedhog said sure they do girls.

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 30-Aug-11 09:00:11

I had the primark ones last year for dd and very warm.

mousymouse Tue 30-Aug-11 09:00:48

jogging bottoms and (sweat) jumper

+ turtlenecks for underneath (decathlon has some nice simple ones with their ski stuff) + tights

andthisisme Tue 30-Aug-11 09:02:51

Another vote for Primark, DD had a couple of pairs last winter, lovely and soft, warm and wash well. Just watch out for the buttons, I've had to re-sew a couple, but for the price that's no bother.

pamplemousserose Tue 30-Aug-11 09:04:51

Primark brushed cotton ones are excellent

chimchar Tue 30-Aug-11 09:05:35

primark here too! grin

lovely jamas...we use the fleecy ones for camping and they are lovely and cosy, especially when tucked into fluffy socks.

about £4 a pair i think....really pretty designs. i go up a size for my kids and they usually get two winters out of them.

they are probably in stock about now, ready for winter.

chimchar Tue 30-Aug-11 09:11:25

have just searched ebay...there are lots of primark ones on there to give you an idea.

i searched for "fleece pyjamas"

blondewithasatnav Tue 30-Aug-11 09:17:55

Next have some called snuggly fit my dd loves them and they seem warm

TheArmadillo Tue 30-Aug-11 09:18:24

primark are doing kids thermals cheap (longjohns and tops I think) - could either use them as pyjamas (they are plain/no designs) or put them underneath something nicer looking.

UnSerpentQuiCourt Tue 30-Aug-11 21:49:59

Primark when I go to town on Thursday it is, then. Sadly distracted by miniboden on ebay ....

Redumbdancy Tue 30-Aug-11 23:31:05

Primark here too.

Size up though, they shrink.

teta Wed 31-Aug-11 12:55:35

I always get Matalan brushed cotton ones for winter as they wash really well. I always size up too.

Sandalwood Wed 31-Aug-11 12:56:49

Matalan velour ones.

boringnamechange Fri 02-Sep-11 17:49:31

Primark do great thick ones and fleecy ones too. I buy the animal socks too and pop them on when they get up first thing as slippers always tend to fall off.

stripedcat Fri 02-Sep-11 21:52:46

Think about layering - long sleeved vest under pyjamas will make fleecy pyjamas super-cosy

MrsPlesWearsAFez Fri 02-Sep-11 21:55:28

Another vote for Primarni - they also do all ^in ones that look cosy.

What about a fleecy dressing gown for dc to put on ^in the morning as an extra layer straight out of bed?

YellowWallpaper Fri 02-Sep-11 21:58:37

You could try one of these outdoor shops like Millets (not sure if it exists anymore) for thermal pyjamas or get a really cosy dressing gown, M & S do lovely warm ones that my kids wear on cold mornings

virgiltracey Fri 02-Sep-11 22:00:13

i bought some lovely ones last week in the lands end sale

Waswondering Fri 02-Sep-11 22:00:34

Primark here too - dd loves her fleecy pjs from there .... wears them by choice through the last 2 winters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now