Talk

Advanced search

Best value toilet roll?

(15 Posts)
dunkindonut Sat 06-Aug-11 09:12:07

God I'm exciting!

Cost cutting exercise going on in our house at the moment and my attentions have moved to toilet rolls. Interested to find out what other people recommend.

In my previous life I used to buy Andrex or the standard supermarket brand. Have since tried the Tesco £2.40 for 9 rolls (very small squares!) and Sainsbury's Basics (okay but quite small too!).

kayah Sat 06-Aug-11 09:17:09

Can't remember an exact price but Costco selling branded rolls are cheaper than Sainsburys own brand.
And they last longer too!

FernandoBanjo Sat 06-Aug-11 09:19:32

Lidl Floralys white and blue packaging. Good quality and about £2 for 9 rolls. Sells out v quick here, so grab as much as you can when you see it in stock.

Meglet Sat 06-Aug-11 09:22:07

The only cheap one I've tried is Sainsburys. 6 rolls in a pack IIRC (used to be 12 but they've doubled them up).

It's £2 for 6 x 400 sheets.

Posh toilet paper blocks my loo anyway (useless flush) so I never use it anymore.

PuppyMonkey Sat 06-Aug-11 09:25:58

I'm a Quilts girl and always will be. Some things you can't scrimp on IMHO. grin

dunkindonut Sat 06-Aug-11 09:37:39

Thanks girls

Yes, Lidl is good. Forgot about that one. Was thinking I might pay them a visit shortly anyway.

moogdroog Sat 06-Aug-11 09:55:42

I'm having to give up my Andrex Shea Butter habit and this week gave Home Bargains loo roll a go and I'm impressed! Not as lovely as Andrex but perfectly ok - its called Nicky I think, it's quilted and 2 quid for 9 rolls. Think I'll make it a permanent swap.

moogdroog Sat 06-Aug-11 09:55:43

I'm having to give up my Andrex Shea Butter habit and this week gave Home Bargains loo roll a go and I'm impressed! Not as lovely as Andrex but perfectly ok - its called Nicky I think, it's quilted and 2 quid for 9 rolls. Think I'll make it a permanent swap.

moogdroog Sat 06-Aug-11 09:56:52

Sorry, got button happy on my phone!

spout Sat 06-Aug-11 10:01:10

NONE. in my extensive research (I know, I'm such a catch) I have found that two squares of top-of-the-range quilted goes further than half a metre of the economy pap.

Anything else I will happily Tesco Value up (even ham shock) but trust me on the bog roll.

kando Sat 06-Aug-11 10:03:24

ICELAND. 4 rolls for £1 and it's lovely thick paper too, not cheap flimsy stuff!

dunkindonut Sat 06-Aug-11 10:13:27

I hear what you're saying Spout!

We're nowhere near a Home Bargains so can't try that. Didn't think of Iceland so will add that to the list. Might also buy a posh quilted one for comparison.

Jbck Sat 13-Aug-11 18:22:26

Second vote (well third if you count moondog twice) for the Nicky stuff. I used to be a Charmin girl till DD1 kept blocking the toilets and switched to this when I went on maternity leave with DD2 to save a bit of money/stop the floods. It's absolutely fine.

jenniec79 Sat 13-Aug-11 18:24:57

Entirely random and arbitrary depending what's on offer that week - often also the sort of thing I buy on points of one form or another.

Currently enjoying Tesco softest or somesuch.

deemented Sat 13-Aug-11 18:29:55

I totally second moondroog - Nicky toilet roll is fantastic. If you have a Farmfoods near you they sell 18 rolls for just just £4, and it's decent quality too - i.e. - your finger wont go through it at a crucial moment wink

Nicky also do great kitchen roll as well - huge big rolls and not expensieve either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now