Talk

Advanced search

food prices

(4 Posts)
katerwalsh Tue 02-Aug-11 14:33:00

Hi,

I'm doing a story for the Sunday Times business section on the cost of food and how shoppers are responding to it. If National Statistics figures are to be believed we bought 4% less in volume in June. And according to Justin King, the boss of Sainsbury's, people are putting one less item in their shopping basket than a year ago.
As Mums, I thought it would be very interesting to get your views on this. Are you buying less food?
What are you cutting out?
Meat, vegetables and bakery items are much more expensive because of rising wheat, fuel and sugar prices - have you noticed and adapted your shopping list as a result?
Are you wasting less - maybe avoiding promotions on fresh foods because there's a chance it might be used?

There were also some interesting figures from mysupermarket.com yesterday. It looks like kids' snack food is getting more expensive.

Jammie Dodgers are 63% more expensive now than in 2007, Babybels are costing 53% more and the price of a can of spaghetti hoops is 36% more expensive than four years ago. Have you noticed any of these? And will your kids be eating differently this summer as a result?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Many thanks, Kate

BerryLellow Tue 02-Aug-11 14:34:26

I think you need to ask this via media requests?

katerwalsh Tue 02-Aug-11 14:37:50

Okay, how do I do that?

KatyMac Tue 02-Aug-11 14:41:43

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now