Talk

Advanced search

electric money back

(3 Posts)
chickenlickin Thu 30-Dec-10 13:32:01

My electric company have sent me a letter saying they owe us £200 but will keep it for later - cheeky gits! Did it last year and I rang them for it back and never needed it throughout the year or went into debt in the electric account! Also don't think have to pay for council tax in feb and March! That'll be the sales credit card cleared!

JellyBelly10 Fri 31-Dec-10 10:41:35

Our electricity company does this too...every year they end up owing us about £140..yet every year they keep our Direct Debit as it is. I know I could phone and get the DD reduced but actually I love the £140 that comes every year, it's like a little savings bond thingy! Who needs a bank when you have Southern Electricity!
The gas company however change our DD more often than we change our clothes! They never seem to get it right though so we end up owing them sometimes and sometimes they end up owing us. This year they reduced our direct debit so much that I know we wil end up woing them...hey ho...we'll pay it off with the electricity rebate when it happens!

MaureenMLove Fri 31-Dec-10 11:39:30

I do the same in August! I usually get a refund for about £200, which does nicely for the summer holidays thanks!

Can't wait for the Feb and March council tac free months either. That'll be 2/3's of our flights paid for!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: