Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone on EDF 20:20?

(3 Posts)
DullWomenHaveImmaculateHomes Thu 09-Dec-10 18:57:23

We're with NPower at the moment but thinking of switching so we can run dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer at cheaper times.

Is it worth it?

dikkertjedap Thu 09-Dec-10 21:36:28

I am on 20:20 and regret it. It can be a huge hassle that you can only get cheap tariff after 22.00h until 07.00h (so only 9 hours cheap tariff and all other hours slightly more expensive than standard tariff). Also, you need a special meter, this means that if you want to change to another EDF tariff or another provider within a year you have to pay a £50 exit fee. We did change and regret it, has not worked out cheaper, pain to switch dishwasher and washing machine on after 22.ooh and can't move to cheaper tariff although EDF did tell me that I might be better off on other tariff except for this £50 exit fee. All a con if you ask me, I would strongly recommend not to switch to 20:20. There must be better deals, only not sure how to find them though ...

DullWomenHaveImmaculateHomes Fri 10-Dec-10 09:28:17

Thanks dikker. It's always worth checking these things out - they want to make their money somewhere don't they?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: