Talk

Advanced search

What happened to supermaket prices???? is it because it is soon Christmas and they know people will pull all the stops??

(10 Posts)
gorionine Sat 27-Nov-10 10:45:11

We do the same shopping pretty much every month. I cook from scratch so only buy basic stuff (Fruit and veg, flour cans of chopped tomatoes, rice pasta...)Usually the amount of our trolley is about £140 twice a month (does not include meat we do not buy from supermarket). Went shopping on Thursday night, made sure to get most things on offer shopping bill £198!!! no treats no big chocolate boxes or fancy stuff! I really do not understand wher over £50 extra comes fromconfused

bigchris Sat 27-Nov-10 10:47:38

Is it too obvious to say compare this receipt with last months?

But yes things do seem more expensive , don't know why sad

gorionine Sat 27-Nov-10 10:53:24

I thought about that but cannot find it I must have put it somewhere safegrin

I was a bit shock because obviously the £140 is a middle it can be £120 sometimes and 150 another but I usually know when it is more expensive what extra or unusual things I have baught and there is really nothing unusual with this one.

bigchris Sat 27-Nov-10 10:54:40

I noticed that butter is more expensive last week!

gorionine Sat 27-Nov-10 10:58:11

<<crosses butter off next month shopping>>grin

It will do wonders for my figure!

MumInBeds Sat 27-Nov-10 11:00:34

I remember hearing that it has been a bad wheat harvest this year so anything wheat-based will be more expensive - as will other related things as people go for alternatives.

JeannotLePushkin Sat 27-Nov-10 21:08:21

Could you have been charged for cashback or something you didn't receive? I saw an email about this, warning people to check their receipt before they leave the checkout. £58 is a huge difference even with price increases.

Sakura Wed 01-Dec-10 06:26:43

Here's an interesting thread on this subject:

Are Supermarkets getting too GREEDY

gorionine Sat 04-Dec-10 11:51:16

Thanks Sakura, I will have a read. Sorry for late answer I lost my own threadblush

WikiSpeaks Sun 12-Dec-10 21:14:27

Well I just braced myself today and went to ALDI. Man Alive that shop is CHEAP! It's not in our town, so I haven't been for a while, but I spent £91 and got a huge trolley full of food including alcohol, nappies and toiletries.

Marvellous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now