Talk

Advanced search

Readers for my book

(5 Posts)
MotherOfTwoDragons Sun 11-Feb-18 17:06:59

Hey guys,

Just wanted your take on getting readers on line. I’m part of an online writing circle and three kind people have offered to read my novel and give feedback. However. I don’t know any of them in real life and this is our first ever interaction. Would you feel ok to send them your precious manuscript or would it be better to be cautious?

Im struggling to get readers amongst friends as most of them don’t know I write and I want to keep it that way for the moment and the ones that do, don’t read!
Thanks

schmalex Mon 12-Feb-18 09:44:54

I personally wouldn't want to send my whole ms to someone I didn't know but others may differ. Are there any real life writers groups near you that you could join?

ChocOrCheese Tue 13-Feb-18 17:48:37

They're most unlikely to steal it and you retain copyright in any case, so if they got your bestseller published you could sue them.

However, you could always reveal a chunk at a time, I guess.

Have you offered to reciprocate?

MotherOfTwoDragons Tue 13-Feb-18 19:01:07

Thanks. I have and they have agreed to exchange books with me. I’m going to chance it I think—it’s a niche thing so unlikely to be lifted I just got a bit paranoid!

ChocOrCheese Wed 14-Feb-18 13:46:38

I know how it feels - we all love our our precious MS. But it's so hard to find decent beta readers, so I reckon it's a risk worth taking. Good luck with the novel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now