Talk

Advanced search

Writing Software?

(4 Posts)
gatevixen Fri 09-Feb-18 19:26:18

I've just been given Dramatica Pro, LibreOffice and something called yWriter, none of which I've ever used before and I think the versions are 'older' so no idea if they're any good or not. Has anyone here used any of them? Software recommendations are welcome as I am considering treating myself to something to help me organise my writing but no idea what to get.

On a different note, can anyone tell me if its possible to delete unwanted usernames from account? Looked all over and can't find any reference. Apologies for asking in what is probably the wrong place but since I was making a post anyway...

Thanks.

gatevixen Fri 09-Feb-18 19:43:15

Sorry, ignore post! Just realised that LibreOffice is open office software and not necessarily used just for writing, and found the website for the creator of yWriter, which has loads of info and tips on how to use.

Amethyst975 Sun 18-Feb-18 19:04:00

I recently started using Scrivener on a friend's recommendation. Haven't investigated it extensively but I like it so far.

schmalex Mon 19-Feb-18 13:11:29

I love Scrivener. It takes an hour or two to learn how to use it so it's worth spending the time doing the tutorial that comes with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now