Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Syncing scrivener iPhone app to mac and on Dropbox

(6 Posts)
placemark123 Mon 04-Sep-17 09:08:46

I am getting really confused about how to do this - does anyone have any advice/a handy guide?

BurningTheToast Wed 11-Oct-17 18:19:51

Late to this... but there's a really useful Facebook group where I've found a lot of answers when I've been baffled by Scrivener. Hth.

WriterByTheSea Mon 16-Oct-17 06:35:39

The problem with Scrivener is that everyone who knows it says it's fabulous but if you don't know how to do it, you are stuck not thinking it is fabulous because it seems so complex!

And when do people have time to learn it sad
I want to learn it, but I always have to much writing to to and it's not the kind of thing to learn on a major project in progress

sigh!

mousemoose Mon 30-Oct-17 06:58:58

I totally agree writer! I have such limited writing time, I don’t want to waste it watching hours of scrivener videos! Facebook scrivener sounds great, thanks.

schmalex Mon 30-Oct-17 08:29:08

There is a tutorial with Scrivener that takes about an hour. It’s definitely worth working through that to get to grips with the basics, then you can learn extra features as and when you need them.
I swear by it!

mousemoose Tue 31-Oct-17 13:45:06

schmalex, does it mention specifically how to link iPhone and computer versions? I seem to recall doing most of the tutorial but not this being mentioned. I should do it again anyway (um instead of mumsnetting) as am sure I’ve forgotten most of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now