Talk

Advanced search

Scrivener course or tutor or help wanted

(6 Posts)
Flatoutnautilus Tue 07-Feb-17 15:19:03

Dear All,

Does anyone know of a Scrivener course. I've had this programme sitting on my computer for the last 6 months. I've got print out notes but its just not the same. My editor tells me its the best programme to use. I'm London based. I would prefer not to do a Web based course.
Happy to pay for tutoring/course so not looking for a freebie!
Thanks so much for any help!

Madhairday Tue 07-Feb-17 20:12:04

There are loads of YouTube tutorials and the written tutorial it comes with us well worth going through. You don't really need to do a course as all the info is out there. I got Scrivener at Christmas and I'm loving it - it's revolutionising how I write. Well worth learning and it honestly doesn't take long - it's pretty intuitive.

Kai1977 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:13:25

I used the interactive tutorial that came with my version. I don't think loads of text based instructions are necessarily the best way to learn as it is quite complex (compared to Word etc). But you say you don't want a web based class so may not be suitable.

I also recommend just having a play around, make up a pretend novel and work out how you'd put it all together, before you do it on a real draft.

OnTheRise Sat 11-Feb-17 08:38:52

Have you worked through the tutorial which comes with it? I put off doing so and once I did it I kicked myself: it's really straightforward and very helpful. I went through it three times and feel very at ease with Scrivener now.

WizzardHat Sat 04-Mar-17 05:16:55

There are lots of articles out there as well, like this one: www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/using-scrivener-for-plotting/

OnTheRise Sat 04-Mar-17 08:47:15

I think the crime-writer David Hewson has written a guide to using Scrivener too. If so, it will be well worth looking at. He's very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now