Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever signed a NDA to write freelance articles?

(8 Posts)
RockingDuck Mon 31-Oct-16 12:57:14

Hiya

I replied to an ad for freelance blogging/articles and they are asking I sign an NDA before they give me more info...
this is ringing an alarm in my head, but is this pretty standard? I've previously done bits for free, so this sounds like it would be a good opportunity but don't like the upfront signing thing. Am I over-thinking?
Anyone experienced this?
TIA

Womble75 Mon 31-Oct-16 13:04:18

We always ask freelancers to sign an NDA before working for us. Whether it's a one off or regular contract. Never been questioned. The information we share with them can be sensitive so we need to protect our intellectual property.

RockingDuck Mon 31-Oct-16 15:20:30

Ah ok. pretty standard then :-)

gunting Mon 31-Oct-16 15:21:34

Was just going to say, I'm a content manager at an agency and some clients require us and anyone else who works on the projects to sign one. smile

HughLauriesStubble Mon 31-Oct-16 15:26:08

I'm a freelancer and this is pretty standard smile

SilentBiscuits Mon 31-Oct-16 15:31:17

I have, but only once for a huge company. I think it's pretty standard for big companies. I wasn't actually dealing with any company info so I think in lots of cases it's just a box-ticking exercise.

LunaLoveg00d Mon 31-Oct-16 15:32:30

Yes I have, nothing to worry about although it does mean you are usually not allowed to use those articles as examples or portfolio pieces either.

RockingDuck Mon 31-Oct-16 16:57:46

Thanks for replies everyone. Much appreciated. Feel more confident now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now