Talk

Advanced search

If I got a book (or three) published I would...

(7 Posts)
stripyeyes Tue 12-Jul-16 09:44:32

... Use the extra cash for a few days of childcare so I could write in peace without neglecting my children or husband...Then once I'd made enough sales we'd get a loft conversion to make my own writing room... And that's about it really!

Just wondering what other people's daydreams are? Putting reality aside what's your vision of the future? smile

CantFeelMyFace Tue 12-Jul-16 13:30:48

I'd quite like to be introduced as an "author", maybe on BBC breakfast or the One show, just before I jet off on my book tour grin

Jokes aside, I would just love to see it in print. That is all.

P.S and like you, would be able to pay myself to do something I love smile

stripyeyes Tue 12-Jul-16 14:33:14

Oh yes, being an Author would be great! Especially as hardly anyone knows I've written anything and I don't like the sahm title for myself blush

MissBattleaxe Wed 13-Jul-16 13:22:41

I long for the day when my status goes from aspiring author to published author!

ChequeredPasta Wed 13-Jul-16 19:14:20

.... Use the money to pay off our debts, then travel!
I'd love to go on a long cruise somewhere exotic, under the heading of 'gaining material for my next novel'.
I can dream........

SpiderAndMouse Thu 14-Jul-16 15:19:37

Same, stripy.

I've also promised DH that we can move to Scotland 'when I get a book deal'. I figure that a) it's unlikely and b) if it does happen, I'll be so overjoyed I won't mind moving grin

Madhairday Thu 14-Jul-16 16:52:34

I would also love to be called an Author. A proper one, like.

I would buy a snug holiday cottage in Cornwall. With a hot tub.

I would also scream a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now