200 Word Bio

(5 Posts)
Expellibramus Thu 05-May-16 16:47:07

Hi, does anyone have any idea please on what might be expected from a '200 word bio' for a writing competition? I'm wondering if they're wanting the third person 'Expell lives in Timbuktoo with her two parakeets etc' type thing or would that be a bit 'I think I'm an established' author just for a competition? It's worse than the actual entry itself grin

MissBattleaxe Thu 05-May-16 17:44:51

Look at some author bios online on Literary Agents pages. They're often self written in third person, so try that.

"Expellibramus lives in the countryside with 8 dogs and a goldfish. She enjoys knitting voodoo dolls and has been writing since she was 2." etc, that sort of thing.

Don't be shy.

Expellibramus Thu 05-May-16 18:25:30

Thank you smile those are the types of things I've been looking at (or even the ones in the front of books) but was having a 'who do I think I am writing like I'm an established author' type of moment!

Expellibramus Thu 05-May-16 18:26:06

ps. how did you know I liked knitting voodoo dolls? grin

MissBattleaxe Thu 05-May-16 18:39:07

Many people have to write them before their books are even published and it is very cringey, but it's like doing a CV. It's always hard to big yourself up, but do it you must!

PS I just KNEW about the voodoo dolls! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now