Talk

Advanced search

Request for full MS...

(11 Posts)
Madhairday Tue 26-Apr-16 07:16:00

Finally, after around 13 rejection emails, I have one agent asking for the full ms - and it's a heady feeling! I'd almost given up, although some of the other rejections were 'nice' as in commenting on good writing or good concept.

Obviously trying not to get my hopes up, but after all this time I can't help it!

I have to say thank you to the rather brilliant imperialBlether as she has been an amazing encourager and she sat up with me all evening to get my MS up to scratch to send. Here's to you Imperial wine flowers wine flowers

So, how long is the wait now...do agents get back to you fairly quickly after requesting a full or is it another few weeks/months of tenterhooks?!

Anyone else at this stage?

ImperialBlether Tue 26-Apr-16 11:21:54

Hello! Congratulations on getting it sent off!

My agent (love saying that!) wrote back after a couple of days asking if we could talk on the phone later that day. Having said that, I've had agents say "Oh I love it - send the rest immediately!" and then I've never heard from them again. I don't know why they do that when they could just write a two-line note saying they were not interested. I don't think you'll have that problem - bet you'll hear from them this week!

MissBattleaxe Thu 28-Apr-16 11:13:34

I heartily second your appreciation of Imperial. She is wonderfully generous!

Keep us posted Madhairday and congratulations on getting this far!

Madhairday Thu 28-Apr-16 14:00:48

Thankyou MissBattleaxe. Not heard anything yet, but early days I suppose. Trying to forget about it as if

Hope things are going well for you?

MissBattleaxe Thu 28-Apr-16 17:48:50

My agent is submitting next week so I am somewhere between deep despair and panic and a tiny glimmer of hope.

ImperialBlether Thu 28-Apr-16 22:54:14

Don't forget your agent's self-esteem rests on her getting deals, MissB! grin

Madhairday Fri 29-Apr-16 08:28:43

Ooh that's exciting MissB smile

Hope you get some great news v soon!

MissBattleaxe Fri 29-Apr-16 10:06:45

Imperial Oh yes, indeed! grin

madhairday- Thank you! It's a really weird feeling. Fingers crossed...

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Fri 29-Apr-16 14:51:45

Another member of the Imperial fan club grin

Good luck, MissBattleaxe and Madhairday.

My agent got back to me very quickly but I read a blog by a very successful new writer (think bestselling literary histfic) about getting her agent and she had a pretty long wait between her agent getting the full and getting a moment to read it, even though she was (quite rightly, as it turned out) very excited about it.

MissBattleaxe Sat 30-Apr-16 13:24:21

Thank you Countess!

My agent took 12 days to say she liked it when I first submitted, which isn't bad. I have had many rejections for previous work prior to that though (over many years), so nearly fell off my chair when I finally got a bite on the line for a new piece.

Helmetbymidnight Mon 02-May-16 10:37:34

My agent took approx 5 weeks (for which she was very apologetic!)

I had completely written it off by then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now