Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The WoMentoring Project

(3 Posts)
AristotlesTrousers Fri 01-Apr-16 20:00:20

Just wondering if anybody's had any experience of applying to The WoMentoring Project? Is it very competitive?

After another round of agent rejections for my memoir, I'm thinking about applying (haven't decided which mentor, if any, would be right for me, yet). So, I was just wondering if anybody had ever tried the scheme, and whether they'd recommend it. I did have an editorial report done ages ago (The Writers' Workshop), but finances are tight now, and will be for some time.

calcioqueen Tue 05-Apr-16 20:09:23

I applied for this when it first began - my mentor wrote in a similar genre to me (& sounded fun!) & was offering a couple of hours of email/phone mentoring. 2 years down the line & we're still in touch & she's been really supportive. The founder of the project, Kerry Hudson, seems great too - I've been in touch with her a few times via twitter. I think it is quite heavily subscribed & all the mentors are volunteers, but go for it! You can always reapply if you don't have success with your first choice. Good luck!

AristotlesTrousers Wed 06-Apr-16 09:10:49

Thanks calcioqueen. Sounds like you had a really positive experience. I'm going to give it a go, as I've nothing to lose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now