Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else doing the Futurelearn writing course in October?

(20 Posts)
lostinabook Wed 09-Sep-15 12:27:12

A friend recommended it to me and I am all signed up... Hoping it gets me into a weekly writing habit rather than just as and when

Sweetpea15 Wed 16-Sep-15 00:34:52

Me!! Am hoping the same as I'm not very motivated on my own smile

lostinabook Sun 20-Sep-15 17:51:14

Hi Sweetpea!

KinkyDorito Sat 26-Sep-15 18:27:17

Signed up. Like lost, need the discipline grin.

lostinabook Sun 27-Sep-15 18:28:10

grin

hackedoffnow Mon 28-Sep-15 17:57:10

Yep I'm in. I'm reading The Artist's way(Julia Cameron) to spur me on too.

LadyMarmite Wed 07-Oct-15 09:58:41

Hi all,

I'm signed up too, and trying yet again to do my morning pages...

thunderbird69 Mon 12-Oct-15 12:31:28

I have signed up and got the welcome email this morning. Never done any creative writing before (except at school) so I have no idea what to expect.

jessplussomeonenew Mon 12-Oct-15 14:22:46

Just been on the site and done the first few tasks, will be interesting to see where this leads!

pixieg1rl Wed 14-Oct-15 13:32:38

I've signed up, got as far as the 3/1 lies and truth exercise so far. Should be time to do Salome more tonight

pixieg1rl Wed 14-Oct-15 13:33:58

Salome? WTF?

Some. More.

I'm not doing Salome or anyone else tonight!wink

jessplussomeonenew Wed 14-Oct-15 19:31:38

Pixie I thought that was one of your lies for the exercise...

It's a bit daunting how many people there seem to be doing it... hopefully it will settle down a bit as time goes on!

Nataleejah Sat 17-Oct-15 11:51:22

Me. But it seems i don't really get how the system works. Like discussion. Seems like everybody is posting their own pieces and they get lost in a flood among thousands of others. Anybody get actual feedback or just lucky if they get a "like" like on facebook.

pixieg1rl Sat 17-Oct-15 12:08:23

It does seem a bit hit and miss if you get feedback nataleejah I've commented on a few people's posts but nothing commented on mine (might just be because they're bollocks). Maybe it's best if you follow a few people and work as a small group. There's a few other mnetters on it, if anyone fancies doing that DM me and we can see about sharing our names, otherwise you can get a bit lost in the volume of people

jessplussomeonenew Sat 17-Oct-15 20:15:00

Yes, I think following people is the way to go, I've had a few comments that way. Apparently there are about 25,000 people on the course!!! Would be nice to have a little mumsnet group.

Nataleejah Sun 18-Oct-15 18:09:51

Yay! I got my very first comment!

I try to follow and comment on others to attract attetion, but not much luck

pixieg1rl Sun 18-Oct-15 18:47:02

I've been having a look into how to share/collaborate via futurelearn, and actually it's not something they offer on the software, so we could do it on here, or if anyone knows of other sites where we can have more private chats then let me know.

I've sent DMs to you nat and jess with my name and where I've commented on futurelearn and then you can see if you can find me. If you follow then I can follow back.

lostinabook Mon 26-Oct-15 18:19:33

I am behind already confused

pixieg1rl Wed 28-Oct-15 14:11:04

I'm a week behind.

ladydepp Sat 31-Oct-15 23:06:13

Hi there, I'm trying to do the course too but half-term has just scuppered most of my time. Hoping to get back on track next week. I have written a couple of paragraphs for the character sketch, but I haven't done much since. I am also very daunted but the sheer numbers of people doing the course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now