Talk

Advanced search

Creative writing course for 10 year old

(5 Posts)
FullOfChoc Sat 18-Jul-15 18:12:33

Did is a keen writer and I'd love to learn more.

Does anyone know of a course we could do together, maybe a weekend residential?

Thanks all

TheHouseOnBellSt Sun 19-Jul-15 11:08:36

As a professional writer I can assure you that no ten year old needs a course. Reading and consistent writing will give her all the training she needs.

Competitions can be a good way to help children learn how to manage deadlines as well as helping them write to briefs.

FullOfChoc Wed 22-Jul-15 23:50:43

She's not had a great year at school this year and I see her slipping from writing at home for sheer fun, to being discouraged. Just really thinking of things that might inspire her.

She reads a lot, classics, modern classics as well as popular aithors(Jackie Wilson etc).

She did the radio 2 competition happily so I'll look out for others.

We've recently been to a storytelling festival, which she loved, so I'm going to get her write some stories to be told, she's keen to give that a go.

lostinabook Thu 10-Sep-15 07:49:32

There is a few children's lit festivals... Will look them up today and post more

CeciliaMiddleton Wed 20-Jan-16 12:02:48

Hi - I've been looking for the same thing for my little girl. Storystock festival in London has short hour-long creative writing workshops as part of the literary festival - I think they look lovely but am yet to try them out: www.culturewhisper.com/event/view/id/2325

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now