Talk

Advanced search

Where to start?

(3 Posts)
Shortandsweet20 Thu 02-Jul-15 21:55:10

I have always loved writing from a young age and always have wrote short stories etc but I really want to have a go at writing something properly but I just don't know where to start.

Does anyone have any tips of how to get started? Any templates or anything useful of how to begin something.
I always get ideas but when I start writing them down it just doesn't develop into much or the plot doesn't work etc.

I would love to hear if anyone has any ideas or tips on the best way to start or even some websites that may help smile

holeinmyheart Thu 02-Jul-15 23:13:09

They say everyone has a story in them. So why not write about your family. If you have Grandparents, Parents Uncles and Aunts still alive you could interview them, journalism style.
Ask about their earliest memories, where they lived, how they met each other.
Then view the videos and see if you can make a story about several generations of the same family YOURS.
All writers do tons of research. Best of luck.

scattercushion Tue 14-Jul-15 12:52:45

You could try www.thewritefactor.co.uk/writing-courses. They're perfect for someone who's always wanted to write but was feeling daunted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now