Advanced search

Childrens book......where do I send it to?

(5 Posts)
traceybeaker Mon 15-Aug-11 20:08:14

I am in the process of writing a childrens book aimed at 8-10 year olds.

When finished where do I send it?


belledechocchipcookie Mon 15-Aug-11 22:24:13

You need a copy of the Writers and Artists year book. There's one for children's books, you can get it from Amazon. It's a directory of agents and publishers. Best of luck smile

ImperialBlether Mon 15-Aug-11 23:51:12

Tracey, why don't you Google the name of the agent who represents your favourite children's author and tell them how much you love the author's work and it's been a big influence on you and btw here's my book!

traceybeaker Tue 16-Aug-11 15:45:09

2 great ideas .....thanks.

SecretSpi Wed 17-Aug-11 08:30:23

Before you send it off to agents - and the Writers & Artists Year Book is the best listing of these (also full of useful advice), you may want to look at a literary consultancy. Even if you don't have a full report, which can be costly, most of them give a lot of useful advice about submitting to agents and publishers on their websites and some even look at covering letters to agents for free. I can recommend The Writers' Workshop, Writers' Advice Centre and Cornerstones - all of these have people who know their stuff when it comes to children's books.

Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: