Talk

Advanced search

Resistance - anyone watching ?

(10 Posts)
beanaseireann Sun 20-Jan-19 09:31:15

I'm watching and find it good. Lots of suspense.
So sad but much of our history is.

Procrastination4 Sat 26-Jan-19 14:29:43

If Les Miserables wasn’t being shown on BBC 1 at the same time I’d have watched it. However, as I was recording Les Miserables I decided to pass on The Resistance in case someone tried watching a third programme on SKY and I ended up missing part of Les Miserables!
I might watch it on RTÉ player though-if it’s any good! Some RTÉ series I’ve watched over the past year or two were really disappointing whereas BBC 1 always delivers!

beanaseireann Sat 26-Jan-19 15:12:26

I hate the RTE player
You can't fast forward the ads and have to sit through them angry
I record it on RTE +1 and watch Les Mis at 9pm

MarDhea Sat 26-Jan-19 17:45:43

Not watching it yet but intending to. RTE player does give me the rage with all the ads, so thinking of downloading it if I can find it.

OP - is it well-written? It's from the same crowd that made Rebellion (about the Rising) and I found some of that a bit clunky.

beanaseireann Sat 26-Jan-19 19:48:55

I liked Rebellion, Mar Dhea.

beanaseireann Sat 26-Jan-19 19:49:41

I meant to add I avoid the RTE player like the plague because of the ads.

Procrastination4 Sun 27-Jan-19 07:44:02

Darn it! I never thought of RTÉ +1blush

MarDhea Sun 27-Jan-19 14:19:30

I enjoyed Rebellion overall too, but it wasn't brilliant. I remember cringing at some of the dialogue - too many implausible monologues to explain things, etc. I did like seeing women put front and centre for a change, which rarely happens in accounts of 1916.

I'll probably brave RTE ads and watch the first episode of Resistance tonight. I thought The Wind That Shakes the Barley did a fantastic job of covering the same period, so it has a high bar to clear smile

beanaseireann Sun 27-Jan-19 16:49:41

I loved The Wind That Shakes The Barley.
I think it should be mandatory for all schoolchildren to watch it and know how far Ireland has come in a shortish time.

beanaseireann Wed 06-Feb-19 07:49:21

I felt the ending was a bit rushed.
Overall it was very good.
Heartbreaking that the kind sister was killed.
Will there be a series on the Civil War --
We've had 1916 and the War of Independence series from the same production company.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: