Talk

Advanced search

Dark Circles

(7 Posts)
MrHaroldFry Sun 06-Jan-19 17:58:20

Hello, I know this is a first world problem but I'm back to work tomorrow after the Christmas break and I look worse now than when we left for Christmas. I work in a very professional, suits type attire, full make up and well groomed hair type environment and now in my mid 40s I'm no longer able to just slap on a slick of tinted moisturiser, some gloss and Hey Presto!
So, to look as well as I can and diminish the dark circles...what product is a 'fan favourite' here for the 40+ group?
My self esteem seems low, I'm tackling it and giving myself a good talking to, but if I can improve my circles enough so people don't keep asking if I'm tired, that would be immensely helpful to kick start my year!
Thanks!

beanaseireann Sun 06-Jan-19 23:47:21

I love Revlon's Youth FX concealer

MrHaroldFry Mon 07-Jan-19 00:02:46

Thank you B, I'll see if I can find that in SuperDrug or Boots.

AndSheWas85 Fri 11-Jan-19 14:14:48

@MrHaroldFry I found Kevyn Aucion's Sensual Skin Enhancer Concealer excellent. Good range of tones for paler skin too.
https://kevynaucoinbeauty.com/collections/concealer/products/the-sensual-skin-enhancer

Has some get reviews on Makeup Alley, which I find useful before I purchase any makeup.
It is highly pigmented, so you only need to use a tiny amount. I personally think it's best used with a moisturising foundation just to thin it out a bit.They used to sell it in Harvey Nics in Dublin and I think the price was around €50. You can order it online on Strawberrynet but the important tax is high, around €25. HTHsmile

Cherries101 Fri 11-Jan-19 14:23:48

If you would prefer not to use foundation over it then use Laura Mercier’s secret concealer (you can get it at Skn). It’s medium coverage and looks perfectly natural.

www.lauramercier.com/concealer/secret-concealer-prod220006.html

MrHaroldFry Fri 11-Jan-19 15:41:32

Thanks guys! I need to get into the shops and apply samples 🥺

beanaseireann Sat 26-Jan-19 08:48:54

Space NK on Grafton Street sell Kevin Aucion.
Space NK has a concession in Harvey Nicks in Dundrum also.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: