Talk

Advanced search

When is your tree going up fellow Irish people?

(15 Posts)
feasibility Thu 29-Nov-18 09:31:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OakElmAsh Thu 29-Nov-18 09:36:41

Going up Saturday (we'll be watching the Toy Show repeat on Sunday :D)

HoosierDaddy Thu 29-Nov-18 18:17:47

Probably on Sunday, although it feels early. I have a bag of Homestore & More's finest decorations lying in the middle of the sitting room, so might as well put them up as find somewhere to stash them

MotherForkinShirtBalls Thu 29-Nov-18 21:42:16

Hoosier, are they in the current monthly offer?

We won't be putting ours up til 15th, far too early yet. Are you putting up artificial trees?

HorseOutside Thu 29-Nov-18 21:49:57

If DH had his way he'd buy a reduced price real tree on Christmas eve like his parents used to do. I'm not having that so it'll go up about the 20th. I don't like starting Christmas too early. I haven't seen any trees up round here yet.

StripySocksAndDocs Thu 29-Nov-18 21:56:34

Absolutely loathe the late late. No one else in the house has mentioned it so I’m keeping stum. Mid-December will do me for decorations ( or better later) but I appear I have an over enthusiastic Christmas fan for husband.

Bah, humbug!

(I actually don’t mind Christmas really, just prefer to keep the start later)

peanut2017 Thu 29-Nov-18 21:58:33

Putting up tree this Saturday 😊 can't wait although hoping our toddler won't pull it down

PennyMordauntsLadyBrain Thu 29-Nov-18 22:04:55

This Saturday evening after the hurricane toddler goes to bed.

Feels too early but DH is mad for anything Christmas related, so I’m just going along with it

HoosierDaddy Thu 29-Nov-18 22:11:19

MotherForkinShirtBalls I think the offer is on Christmas lights, but they have some reduced decorations too. 4 tree ornaments for a fiver, that kind of thing

HorseOutside Thu 29-Nov-18 22:14:53

Stripy I also loathe the toy show. I'm so glad my DC are too old for it now. I used to make DH sit through it with them so I didn't have to grin

Ichbinstoltz Thu 29-Nov-18 22:22:43

My tree's up! It is a fake one, about 25 years old and still going strong. I would toy with bah humbugism so this is quite a feat, won by my Christmas-mad 9 year old. I also loathe Ryan Subsidy and the Late Late Show but he (my son, not Ryan) is so excited that I will make an event of it for him.

I also have all my Christmas shopping done and wrapped. It's only taken 50 years hard labour (in the last few hours of christmas eve mostly) togetto the point and it's so surprising it may be a one off.

Littlelambpeep Thu 29-Nov-18 22:26:28

Some up I see but I feel it is too early too. Maybe I might do it Sunday when the repeat is on? Dc would be glued to it for the first time so house would be quiet.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Thu 29-Nov-18 22:31:35

It's still far too early, all the needles will have fallen off by 6th January if the tree goes up now. I tend to delay and delay in the hope that nobody will want a tree this year, so we get one of the last, wonkiest ones on about the 20th/21st.

MadeForThis Thu 29-Nov-18 22:48:50

Last weekend. Fake plastic tree. Pre-babies we got a real tree but until they can be trusted not to break/dismantle it we are sticking to a fake one. DD's are under 3 so another couple of years.

Don't watch the toy show.

beanaseireann Fri 30-Nov-18 07:48:49

I can't believe that some houses have their lights on already.
I'm old school and won't put anything up til quite late but always leave them up til after the 6th of January.
I like Irish traditions. 

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: