Talk

Advanced search

We won!

(27 Posts)
Ohsolomio Sat 17-Nov-18 23:26:59

I actually can't believe we beat the All Blacks, for the first time ever at home.
How cool are we?
I'm so excited. My two best friends are English and New Zealand (a couple) so I was telling my English friend we'd beat the All Blacks after the defeat to England, but I never bloody believed it!

Ohsolomio Sat 17-Nov-18 23:28:16

I'm so proud of our team! We're never on the world stage in much, so it's cool that it happens to be my favourite sport.

sm40 Sat 17-Nov-18 23:33:13

My Irish dh is very excited. My fil will
Make sure I never hear the end of it!!
Dh says it may even be better than watching them beat England in
The 6 nations this year!!
Congrats!!

Ohsolomio Sat 17-Nov-18 23:35:49

SM06 I sympathise if you have a fan, as I know it's not everyone's sport. Thanks for the congratulations. I'm still woohooing around the house lol

Ohsolomio Sat 17-Nov-18 23:36:42

The All Blacks are almost impossible to beat and I can't still believe it.

IStandWithPosie Sat 17-Nov-18 23:38:31

So so happy for them! They beat the all blacks for the first time ever at home!!! What a day for them.

HorseOutside Sat 17-Nov-18 23:38:46

It was a brilliant match from start to finish. DH was beside himself, he was so excited. Amazing stuff.

RuggerHug Sat 17-Nov-18 23:39:14

It was AMAZING!!! DH was there. I didn't bring him to the last all blacks match I had tickets to so he didn't bring me to this, we decided we would be even after this. Gutted to not be there but am still giddy 😁😁😁😁

BlackBeltInChildWrangling Sat 17-Nov-18 23:40:01

We absolutely love the All Blacks in our house, so if they had to lose to anyone it had to be Ireland! 🍀

Ohsolomio Sat 17-Nov-18 23:41:13

The six Nations was a bit of a victory on every level - at Twickenham, to England, to win the Grand Slam, the Triple Crown and the Six Nations on St. Patrick's Day lol. I think it's because we're never optimistic, so when we win anything it's totally massive.

AdoraBell Sat 17-Nov-18 23:43:30

Bloody well done lads 👍

I know someone who once played the All Blacks but lost. It matters not. He played against the All Blacks

Ohsolomio Sat 17-Nov-18 23:43:34

I'm so proud of them.

Ohsolomio Sat 17-Nov-18 23:45:33

Adorabell I totally get that. Even for Kiwis they are almost Gods.
My lovely Kiwi friend, magnanimous in defeat, said it was a deserved win for Ireland.
Her Dad is a rugby ref so she has grown up with it.

sm40 Sat 17-Nov-18 23:46:44

You are 2nd in
The world (or is it 1st now) so you do deserve to beat them!! Bring on
The World Cup! I might even need an Irish top too!!!
It's my sons aim to play for Ireland!! Maybe one day he'll beat the All Blacks too!

BlackBeltInChildWrangling Sat 17-Nov-18 23:47:24

The Hakka was formidable tonight

Ohsolomio Sat 17-Nov-18 23:51:11

I absolutely love the All Blacks. It's like watching a beautiful dance usually.

BlackBeltInChildWrangling Sat 17-Nov-18 23:53:59

Haka, sorry - too many ks!

Inniu Sun 18-Nov-18 00:08:50

I went. Great atmosphere.
Watched the last few minutes through half closed eyes.

AornisHades Sun 18-Nov-18 00:19:03

I was literally on the edge of my seat and I'm Welsh!
Well done smile

BlackBeltInChildWrangling Sun 18-Nov-18 00:19:12

One of my DSs dreams of playing for both the All Blacks and Ireland - not sure how he's going to achieve that....

Ohsolomio Sun 18-Nov-18 00:34:11

BlackBelt He might find an Irish grandmother/grandfather then he's good to go lol.

BlackBeltInChildWrangling Sun 18-Nov-18 00:36:38

The Irish bit yes, but not aware of any Maori/Kiwi unfortunately!

BlackBeltInChildWrangling Sun 18-Nov-18 00:41:37

(He has no confirmed Maori whakapappa or genealogy).

Ohsolomio Sun 18-Nov-18 00:52:40

I actually had a discussion about Ireland's status with a colleague (just friendly banter) and I told him that Ireland was second in the world. He was like 'no, that's gotta be England surely'. Hahahahha to him now!
Sorry, we love the bit of banter with the Brits.

OwThatsGottaHurt Sun 18-Nov-18 09:48:03

Still giddy here the next morning! My heart was in my mouth watching the last few minutes! Unbelievable!!! When BOD, ROG, and even Rory O'Connoll retired, I have to say I thought the glory days were over- but we have so many amazing new young players. Bring on the World Cup!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: