Talk

Advanced search

First Communion

(10 Posts)
wiltingfast Fri 16-Feb-18 13:53:12

Anyone here with dc for 1st Communion this year?

What sort of things do people do on the day?

I know my whole family will expect to attend (be c 15 people if everyone came from both sides) thinking of having some food at the house afterwards, but that seems a bit dull for the kids confused

Any inspiration?!

OP’s posts: |
makeitso Fri 16-Feb-18 14:28:26

We went to a hotel. DD's don't get to see their cousins that often so tearing around playing with them was entertainment enough.

You could get an entertainer for an hour at a hotel as they'd probably have a small room available or have entertainment at home.

wiltingfast Fri 16-Feb-18 17:25:56

Hmm, there are only a few cousins really, might only be 3 kids on the day, the most there will be is 5!

Piles of adults though. DH has 3 siblings, all married, I have 2, both also partnered up.

Then add in the GPs.

I'm just not sure what to do with them all and still ensure ds has some fun...

Rex27 Fri 16-Feb-18 18:35:57

Bouncy castle? Entertainer? Though I imagine a lot of that kind of thing would be booked out for the communion dates??
Could rig up an outdoor movie? Watching a movie in back garden a lot more exciting!

wiltingfast Sat 17-Feb-18 10:33:20

Yeah I did think an outdoor movie would be fun grin barring Irish rain of course! An entertainer seems it for possibly 3 kids.

Might look into hiring some outdoor garden games, giant jenga maybe?!

wiltingfast Sat 17-Feb-18 10:33:51

OTT I meant !

EchidnasPhone Sat 17-Feb-18 10:40:11

By the time mass is finished and a billion photos taken you’ll find most people want a drink & a sandwich. We do a garden party so easy picnic food, loads of wine, & a communion cake. Kids amuse themselves there’s no need to go all out like a birthday.

wiltingfast Sat 17-Feb-18 11:13:37

You think so? That would be easiest! Certainly that sounds what my own folks did for ours!

Looked into the movie thing and it's not a runner in daylight.

toughday Sat 17-Feb-18 11:19:06

Bouncy castles are very popular if the weather is nice. What is getting popular for first communions is make your own teddy parties, someone comes to the house and does it with all the stuff and all the children get a keepsake of the day

wiltingfast Sat 17-Feb-18 11:31:30

Ooh make a teddy, that's a nice idea. I'll look into that smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in