Talk

Advanced search

The Humphries sentence

(8 Posts)
dublinia Thu 26-Oct-17 17:48:37

I think it is shamefully short.
I am so disappointed in a female judge giving him that sentence.

MrsDustyBusty Fri 27-Oct-17 19:52:26

Yeah, it's disgraceful. I heard a sentencing expert on the last word who seemed to think it was correctly derived given legislation and precedence.

What is very clear is that there needs to be massive reform of sentencing in the area of crimes against the person and sexual crimes in particular. They attract ludicrous tarrifs when compared with property crime.

MadMags Fri 27-Oct-17 19:54:38

It's disgusting.

And the fact that she basically said it's lenient because he's high profile and has high profile character references is appalling.

Didn't that gobshite Dunphy say something in support of him?

MrsDustyBusty Fri 27-Oct-17 19:58:29

He did, yeah. Seemingly he thought it was all benign because someone told him that the problem was that the girl was underage so he went off to visit and brought him a book.

MadMags Fri 27-Oct-17 20:22:51

Prick.

MrsDustyBusty Fri 27-Oct-17 20:25:27

waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/10/25/wwn-guide-to-defending-a-convicted-sex-offender/

Its David Walsh I can't understand. I mean, the time and effort he's gone to to support that disgusting old pervert is more than I can fathom.

MadMags Fri 27-Oct-17 20:30:38

It's the sheer non-chalance about the whole thing that's winding me up.

Like, ah yeah he abused a child but sure it's grand!

hollyisalovelyname Sat 28-Oct-17 10:06:20

It must be so hard on his family. It was they who found the texts.
Of course it was appalling for the girl and her family too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now